This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

How to translate the category-info of a post? I am using the Uncode theme.

Solution:

STEP 1:

Can you please let me know if you tried to go to WPML > String Translation and search for the words "by" and "in"?

Here is some very helpful documentation on how to use the String Translation plugin: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

STEP 2:

If you can't find it with this first step, I will need you to:

1. Go to your WordPress backend 2. Go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization 3. Scroll to the "Strings in the themes" section, check the box next to your theme's name and click the blue "Scan selected themes for strings" button 4. After the scanning ends, go to WPML > String translation and search again for the words you mentioned, one by one.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by benjaminv-15 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 4, 2018 at 9:28 am #2786927

benjaminv-15

I have a blog in two language : French and German.

In the "category-info" of a post some strings like "in" and "by" are not translate.
It should be in french "dans" and "par" and in German "in" and "von".

("in" is for the categorie of the post and "by" is for the author)

Big thanks !

October 4, 2018 at 4:43 pm #2788320

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

STEP 1:

Can you please let me know if you tried to go to WPML > String Translation and search for the words "by" and "in"?

Here is some very helpful documentation on how to use the String Translation plugin:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

STEP 2:

If you can't find it with this first step, I will need you to:

1. Go to your WordPress backend
2. Go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization
3. Scroll to the "Strings in the themes" section, check the box next to your theme's name and click the blue "Scan selected themes for strings" button
4. After the scanning ends, go to WPML > String translation and search again for the words you mentioned, one by one.

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your answer.

October 8, 2018 at 6:06 am #2794802

benjaminv-15

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!