Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The issue here is that the customer wanted to translate their default wordpress texts such as Category, Search Post etc. However the customer had the Multilingual Blog installed.

Solution: In order to translate these texts you will need to install the Wordpress Multilingual CMS and not the Blog version.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.29 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dorothyT 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shane.

Author Posts
February 13, 2016 at 4:20 am #812044

dorothyT

I am trying to: translate the date, 'search post', 'categories', etc into Chinese under my blog. Is that I need to upload the mo. files? I do not know where to download it and I do not know where to upload it. I watch the video from starter menu but found no clues on this. Please help.

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: details steps of how to fix the problem because I am new for website building.

February 15, 2016 at 9:02 pm #813561

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Dorothy,

In order to translate these texts, I would recommend that you install our WPML Translation management and our String Translations add-ons.

They are able to scan your website for strings that need translation and translates them for you.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

February 16, 2016 at 12:46 pm #814117

dorothyT

Hi Shane,

Thank you for your reply. I understand the translation management needs to use the CMS version of WPML. So if I am using the Blog version (the cheapest version), any option I could have to solve the problem?

Regards,
Dorothy

February 16, 2016 at 9:49 pm #814760

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Dorothy,

Yes that is correct.

You will need to use Multilingual CMS in order to use the translation management.

The multilingual blog has very limited functions.

Thanks,
Shane

February 17, 2016 at 3:25 am #814846

dorothyT

Thanks Shane and I will look into the CMS version.