This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
February 27, 2019 at 7:01 am #3248625

lijunR

Hi , i am translate the website using the wpml.
i already done most the parts, only need to translate the footer of the websites.
and the side bar.( the sidebar, i have already translated them in the " wpml string ".
The right translation sometiems show on the side bar. But most of the time, the spanish, chinese, english, mixed.
And for the footer , translated the footer 2 menu to spanish, But looks it dosent work.
For the footer 4, I translated them in the wpml string, they are looks right. But they mixed in the english, spanish , chinese. Please check the pic loaded, you will get what's i mean .

I really try to find the solution on the wpml by myself for more than one week.

Please help me work this out.

thank you.

February 27, 2019 at 1:30 pm #3250443

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I think that for this specific case, it might be simpler to use the "display different widgets per language" method. Just set the widgets to display only on the default language and create new widgets that will display just for the secondary language.

Please take a look here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/displaying-different-widgets-for-different-languages/

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

February 28, 2019 at 7:14 am #3253812

lijunR

Hi Mihai,
thanks for your helping.
In this situation, I am afraid i have set up many widgets for different language,Due to i have 3 languages. I have create 4 widgets for footers. and the 5 for sidebars. 3 languagesx5=15 + 3x4=27 widggets Is any good way? Infact,i tried this before. tried the footer part only. even the bottom footer can be seen the right languages as the i set. But the sidebar , looks like a mess. Sometimes, it show english side bar for the chiense version site. And some times show spanish for the chinese site.
Hope you can get what i am meaning.
I really work on this project more than one month, If i cant findout the way,I almost give up it. 🙁

February 28, 2019 at 8:54 am #3254192

lijunR

more details with these problems. you can get what i mean from the pic.

February 28, 2019 at 5:48 pm #3256951

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Please let me take a look.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

In order to be able to help you faster, can you also please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

March 4, 2019 at 10:03 am #3267897

lijunR

the admin: ***
password: *********

***manufacturer.com
password: ***

March 4, 2019 at 4:57 pm #3270061

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I tried to log into the admin area using the credentials you shared but they did not work.

I am enabling the private fields below once again.

Can you please test the credentials and add the new ones in the fields below?

Kind regards,
Mihai

March 5, 2019 at 10:46 am #3272948

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I can confirm that I was able to log into the backend this time.

This looks like a compatibility issue.

Also, from what I can see, you have a lot of plugin updates available and you are using a very very outdated version of WPML + WPML add-ons.

Please:

1. create a full backup of the site
2. and then update all the plugins here:
hidden link

Updating the plugins should solve most of the issues.

Please let me know how that went and what are the results.

Kind regards,
Mihai

March 5, 2019 at 12:12 pm #3273707

lijunR

Hi Mihai,
Thanks for your fast reply.
I have updated all the WPML PLUGINS.
The probem keep the same. The only soultion is i have to set 3 sets of the footers, 3 sets of the sidebars.
But also somtimes, the translation is mixed.
Thanks for your help.

March 5, 2019 at 12:20 pm #3273756

lijunR

for exmaple, the chinese version, as you can see like this:

March 5, 2019 at 2:31 pm #3274536

lijunR

I change the setting of the footer 2. Now all of them to english, and wont change it translation any more .

it suppose to be spanish for the bottom of the page.

March 5, 2019 at 4:41 pm #3275260

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Thank you for updating me.

I will need to spend some more time on this and I will get back to you as soon as I have any feedback.

Kind regards,
Mihai

March 8, 2019 at 3:06 pm #3293452

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I spent some more time on your site.

It seems that there are still a good amount of plugins here (hidden link) that are not updated to the latest version. You will also see that you are running an older version of WordPress so that should be updated, too.

The thing is that it is important to be on the latest updates for everything because one of those plugins might be the one causing the conflict and it might be simply due to the fact that you don't have the most updated code for that plugin.

IMPORTANT: Please first backup your site before doing that.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Please let me know when the updates are done for everything in the panel from that link above.

Kind regards,
Mihai

The topic ‘[Closed] how to translate the footer of my website and the side bar the website’ is closed to new replies.