This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.59 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alinam-2 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
December 26, 2018 at 9:19 am #3033639

alinam-2

Tell us what you are trying to do? Translate my html blocks on the footers, which, among others, contain links to cookie policy, privacy policy, trade terms that have to be approved in transactions, ....

Is there any documentation that you are following? no, I did not find any.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? polinacouture.com

December 26, 2018 at 6:49 pm #3034833

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @alinam-2, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Are you using a page builder to build these blocks, or they are added through a widget?

If it's a page builder, please check this documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/

If it's a widget, please take a look at this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

December 26, 2018 at 8:09 pm #3035030

alinam-2

Hi Diego.

I am a newbie without knowledge. I was said it's a snippet, written in wp's html blocks, and you ask me if it's widget or page builder .... well, i placed them via appearance / widget. In 1 case, I don't know, and we'll review this at the end.

Let's be concrete.
- html blocks were made in html section of wp. Let's take example A propos in issue23a.
- i go to wpml / string : don't know what to choose in menus ... so many options ... I type "propos", which is supposed to be the name of widget ... no good result (I see only products, nothing related to my home page footer where is used the .... thing snippet / widget / html block; see issue23b
- I then type the number of the block .. ie 1879 ... result is .... an "edit post" address .... issue23c .... what I am supposed to do? Edit? I see nothing.
- I looked at the video ... you are supposed to have seen that my footers .... I don't understand the relationship between the video and how are my footers .... I probably miss something?

Last, I have a block called "Bouton Question Produit". It refers to button, that opens a popup if you click, and that has a form7 formular. The presence of this button is defined in theme settings / product page / After "Add to cart button" text area.

December 26, 2018 at 8:18 pm #3035079

alinam-2

So that you see the button I talk about
In that case, the text in button, and the link to form7 formular must be changed

Waiting for your feedback,

Kind regards

December 27, 2018 at 11:41 am #3036658

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

These blocks seems to be a custom post type. Please try the following:
- Go to WPML > Settings
- Scroll down to Post Types Translation
- FInd the post type related to HTML blocks and set it as "Translatable - only show translated items". Save.
- Go to HTML Blocks > All Items and click on the "+" icon to create a new translation for the block

Please let me know if it worked for you. If not, please send us access to your WordPress dashboard (website URL, login and password) I'll check and do some tests. - Please use the private field to send the sensitive data - do not post if you do not see it.

It would be better if you give me a test site rather than the live site.

IMPORTANT Please backup a working copy of site files and database before.

Kind regards,
Diego

December 28, 2018 at 3:17 pm #3040590

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

It's the HTML blocks post type, but it's already set as translatable. Please try the following:
- Go to HTML Blocks > All Items
- Click on a block to edit it
- On the right sidebar, click on the "+" icon to translate the block (see screenshot)
- Save and check if the translation is displayed on the front-end

Please let me know if it worked for you.

PS: I noticed that ou are using the basel theme, which is not lsited at our compatible themes list: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/. The HTML Blocks seems to be a feature generated by the theme: hidden link

Kind regards,
Diego

December 28, 2018 at 5:08 pm #3040918

alinam-2

Hello,

You give me the half of the solution, after the block has to be allocated to the footer, right?

Secondly, could you precise what you CONCRETELY mean with your comment about theme. When I look at WPML list (doc attached), WPML proposes 3 themes for woocommerce:
- Bellissima was checked in .... 2013
- More made only 8 sales in 1.5 year on themeforest
- Electro -as name says- is not for fashion items, and it has no search engine and no filter. What is far to be user friendly
=> What do you concretely recommend?

Kind regards

-

December 28, 2018 at 6:00 pm #3040981

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

If the block is already translated, it should appear automatically translated on the front end of the secondary languages. If this is not what occurs, we will need to further debug this to check how the blocks are called on the front-end. Please let us know if it worked.

Regarding the theme, it only means that the theme is not tested by our team yet, so it may have some compatibility issues. You don't need to change the theme, but we may need to run some tests related to the theme in order to solve the issue.

Kind regards,
Diego

January 1, 2019 at 11:14 am #3046874
alinam-2

hi Diego,
Happy new year!
I found how to make it. The translation -as you wrote it - works. The integration in the footers is achievable via menu / widgets.
Now is the issue of the HTML block and tab that are integrated via the Theme on product pages.
Those are configured via theme Settings / product page.
Waiting for your feedback,
Kind regards

New threads created by Diego Pereira and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-how-to-translate-the-html-blocks-in-footers-which-include-trade-terms/

January 2, 2019 at 6:25 pm #3050183

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there, happy new year 🙂

As the previous issue has already been resolved, I will open a new ticket for this new one.

I will reply in the new ticket.

Regards,
Diego

January 6, 2019 at 6:48 am #3060081

alinam-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!