Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by joseR-42 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
December 7, 2020 at 10:13 am

joseR-42

I just want to ask you how to translate the membership packages. This packages are not so usual like woocommerce, because I can not find any guideline about it here in the Forum.

The Package is showed correctly in the English version.

December 7, 2020 at 11:02 am
December 11, 2020 at 1:19 am #7639771

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

The problem here is that in this case the fallback feature seems not to function and you will need to translate the properties.

Further, avoid using fallback, as it will lead to duplicated entries once the product is translated.

See my test property "WPML Test". It is currently available in all dashboards.

Now, in order to test the behavior of WPResidence with the WPML fallback feature I have created a test-site and I would like to ask you to install the theme and recreate the issue for further revision:

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

Please leave us a short notification once the theme is ready for testing.

Best regards
Andreas

December 11, 2020 at 10:29 am #7643245

joseR-42

Hi Andreas,
thanks for your answer.

I am not sure if you have understand the issue.

I explain you quick.

There are member packages that are only available in English. And the problem is that you cannot make the translation of these member packages available in the user dashboard for the other languages German, Spanish, French and Italian.

If this is not enabled customers cannot choose a member option which enables them to attach their listings.

This is only enabled in English.
the memberships need to be translated because when new users register in German, French, Spanish or Italian they have to choose the membership in order to attach the listings otherwise they cannot do anything.

I don't know if you can understand it now.
Attached you have the example images so you can better see wha it is happening with the memberships.

Thanks so much
PR

Spanish User Dashboard Membership.jpg
Italian User Dashboard Membership.jpg
German User Dashboard Membership.jpg
Frensh User Dashboard Membership.jpg
English User Dashboard Membership.jpg
December 12, 2020 at 6:36 pm #7651667

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I see the issue.

Could you please install the WPResidence theme and its plugins on the following test-site for further investigation and escalation of the issue?

Once-Click-Login:
hidden link

Please leave me a short notification once the components are installed.

Best regards
Andreas

December 12, 2020 at 8:03 pm #7651707

joseR-42

Dear Andreas

The WP theme has been successfully installed and is at your disposal.

Thanks so much in advance
JR

December 12, 2020 at 10:17 pm #7651993

joseR-42

Hi Andreas

Just to inform you that the footer on the main page (landing page stopped being displayed for all languages)
I think there is something to do whit the last configuration and testing. Thanks for your support.
JR

December 12, 2020 at 10:23 pm #7651997

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I see now on the fresh install that the setting for Memeberships in the WPML config is by default blocked, which means that the plugin provider needs WPML to avoid translating the post type.

You will need to go to WPML -> Settings -> Post Type Translation and set Membership Packages (membership_package) to not translatable.

You should now see all packages in all languages.

In order to translate, first go to WPML -> Theme and Plugin Localization and scan "Wpresidence -Theme Core Functionality" for new strings. Take note, that you will need to do this anytime, if you change text string inside of the plugin options or its post types.

After that you should be able to translate all string son String Translation. Make use of the text search input.

In case you can not find aa string, also please try the option "Auto-register strings for translatioN" at the bottom of the String Translation Screen.

Enable: Look for strings while pages are rendered

Then go to the Front-End of the page that you wish to translate and refresh the browser. Now go back to String Translation and disable the option "Look for strings..." again.

You should now be able to find new strings on String Translation which WPML found on the page(s) which we visited on the browser while the option was enabled-

Take note, that this option should not be able all the time, as it will lower the site performance.

Let us know if you do have further questions.

Best regards
Andreas

translate with string translation.png
setting locked.png
December 13, 2020 at 10:36 pm #7656265

joseR-42

Hi Andreas

Thanks for the great explanation.

I followed and did or your recommended task step by step but still not working. Could you please have a look what should I have missed.

task:
1- membership_package set to not translation: done
2- Wpresidence -Theme Core Functionality for new string: done
3- Translation all package words: done
4- Front-End for look all string enable and disable: done

Thanks so much in advance
Best regards

December 16, 2020 at 12:34 am #7673151

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am not sure why I am not able to solve the issue on your site and I need to consult our second tier support team about this.

I see you unlocked various settings, which is not recommended and I tried to revert to default settings by adding this WPML custom XML config:

hidden link

Also, I can confirm that this issue seems not related to any other plugin or the theme itself.
I further tried to apply the same config found on our working test-site, but without success.

Please leave the site access active for our second tier team. As soon I have more feedback I will be in contact.

Best regards
Andreas

December 16, 2020 at 2:12 pm #7678037

joseR-42

Hi Andreas

thanks so much for your feedback

Please go ahead and do what you need to do in order to guarantee the functionality of the plugin.

It is strange that you still do not see the translations. Thank you very much for your support.

Then let me know for further information.
Best regards

December 17, 2020 at 7:27 am #7682743

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I took a new copy of your site today and tested with the parent theme and only the core plugin plus WPML. The issue persists.

Now, while it works on the Sandbox I applied identical settings for all post types, taxonomies and custom fields, but the issue is still there and I can not find the reason. The WP Debug did not even print out any errors.

For now, I am waiting for another reply from our second tier support team and I will be in contact tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards
Andreas

December 28, 2020 at 11:59 pm #7744513

joseR-42

Hi Andreas

Did you have any news or feedback about this open issue.

Thanks so much

January 2, 2021 at 8:08 pm #7766129

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Our second tier support suggested to delete earlier translations of the memebership packages from icl_translations which are the translations that refer to the fact that the post type was set to translatable, which is not advisable in this case.

On acopy which I took from your site:

I had five entries in icl_translations which deleted with this query:

DELETE FROM `wp_icl_translations` WHERE `element_type` LIKE 'post_membership_package';

Anyhow, the membership packes only appear here in original EN. I am not able to recreate this issue on a new test-site.

Also, when deleting all existing packages and trying to locate the strings for new created packages I can not locate them.

Further, I see the following error:

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in C:\wamp64\www\realimmo\wp-content\plugins\wpresidence-core\post-types\membership.php on line 232

This errror further showes up when running the site with
Wpresidence -Theme Core Functionality only (without WPML).

I would suggest you test to reinstall WPResidence and its plugin in order to solve this error. As soon I do have more feedback from our team I will be in contact.

Best regards
Andreas

January 3, 2021 at 7:16 pm #7769057

joseR-42

Hi Andreas

Thanks so much for your feedback.
Just didn't understand at all your explanation, in this case this plugin needs to be reinstalled again. This means I need to translated all pages again too?
Thanks for all your updates Andreas.
Best regards and happy new 2021