Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by joseR-42 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
January 6, 2021 at 4:14 am #7784231

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for your message. I hope you had some great holidays.

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, as I saw some errors inside the plugin code my suggestion was to delete the plugin and install it again to see if this might solve the issue, as it could be that somehow code has been altered by mistake.

The thing is that the Second Tier Support asked me to check the database as they are suspecting a DB issue, but I can not confirm that so far.

I do have a copy of your site, on which I removed all membership packages and created new ones. Anyhow, I see here different behavior. The package do not show up in second language and I am not even able to locate its strings.

Now, I have tried to recreate this issue on a new test-site more than 2 weeks ago and I do not exactly recall how the plugin behaved on this test, but as far I remeber the membership packages used to show up in all languages by default and were translatable with String Translation.

Also, I would like to test once more if I can catch the same errors which I see on your site copy.

Those are:

Inside this functions for example the plugin calls for WPML. The plugin author uses this function in order to make posts available for translation in WPML.

PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in C:\wamp64\www\realimmo\wp-content\plugins\wpresidence-core\misc\redux_help_functions.php on line 247

This error refers to a function which is responsible for memebership post type:

PHP Warning:  A non-numeric value encountered in C:\wamp64\www\realimmo\wp-content\plugins\wpresidence-core\post-types\membership.php on line 232

Could you please once more install the plugin and the theme on this test site for a last test?

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

If I will not be able to recreate the same issue on the test site I will escalate a copy of your site towards our second tier team for investigating the problem.

Please do leave me a short notification once the theme and plugin(s) are installed.

Best regards
Andreas

January 6, 2021 at 11:59 am #7786709

joseR-42

Hi Andreas

Thanks so much for your feedback and explanation.

The Theme as well as the wpml plugin have been installed and are to your disposal.

Thanks again
JR

January 7, 2021 at 8:23 am #7791319

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you.

After setting up WPML on the test with German as default language and various additional languages like EN, ES, FR and IT.

It occurs that there is demo content used, also for the membership packages, and I can confirm that the membership packages will not be visible on German default language.

Then I translated the dashboard main page to EN and realized that even when switching the dashboard main to EN I do not see any membership packages.

I then translated he homepage and other available dashboard pages (13) to EN and still was not able to see the membership packages in any language.

Then I tried creating a new membership package in default site language DE and it did not appear on Front-End either.

Then I diable all plugin but Wpresidence -Theme Core Functionality.

Still no packages visible on Front-End.

I tied creating another package and now the new package appeared on Front-End. It appears as if we are not able to make packages visible when other plugins are enabled.

Next I enabled WPML and now I was able to confirm that once the WPML Core plugin is active the created membership packages will not appear on Front-End. The packages do not even appear if we disable WPML Core.

The only package I was still be able to see here was the one created as "TEST only with Wpresidence -Theme Core Functionality Plugin".

I further was able to translate this package, with String Translation, but there is one exception. I am not able to find the Title of each Membership package.

These issues have now been escalated towards our compatilbity team and I will be in contact once I received more feedback.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Best regards
Andreas

January 7, 2021 at 1:02 pm #7793549

joseR-42

Hi Andreas

Thanks for the information and I believe you, I also did all what I can do to se the translated packages without result.

Great that you have escalate this issues since I think it is something that developers have missed to integrate.

Thank you so much
JR

January 8, 2021 at 1:22 pm #7801329

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello JR,

Thank you very much for your message.

Yes, luckil I was able to identify that this is WPML related and I am sorry for the delay on handling the ticket. Sometimes issues are not as easy to identify at first.

Until now, I did not receive any feedback on the escalated thread but as soon I do, I will be in contact.

Best regards
Andreas

January 21, 2021 at 2:42 am #7892811

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have news about the reported issue.

The issue is that the theme calls for the user roles, but it allows them to be translated.

The problem is in wp-content/themes/wpresidence/templates/user_memebership_profile.php

Workaround
Change from:

$roles              =   array( esc_html__('User','wpresidence') ,esc_html__('Agent','wpresidence'),esc_html__('Agency','wpresidence'),esc_html__('Developer','wpresidence'));

Change to:

$roles              =   array( 'User','Agent','Agency','Developer');

We have informed the theme author about the issue and hoping he will implement the requiered changes into his code.

Best regards
Andreas

January 21, 2021 at 9:52 am #7894917

joseR-42

Hi Andreas

Very well we know which case the package offers cannot be translated. I hope that now it can be moved forward as soon as they can.

Greetings and thank you very much
We keep in touch
JR

January 22, 2021 at 3:15 am #7902315

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello JR,

Thank you for your message.

I would like to encourage you to additionally reach out to WpResidence and explain the issue while providing the fix from my last message, as this will only work out if they adjust their plugin code.

Let us know if further asssistance is needed from our side.

Best regards
Andreas

January 25, 2021 at 8:05 pm #7925511

joseR-42

Hi Andreas

Thanks for your email.

I contacted them the WPResidence last December approximately 2 months ago.
They couldn't provide any solution, cause this is a translation issue and should be fixed by WPML. Otherwise all plugins of the theme are working fine so far.

Thanks for further feedback
Best regards
JR

January 26, 2021 at 11:09 am #7930283

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello JR,

As mentioned on this message https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-translate-the-membership-packages-wp-residence/page/2/#post-7892811 the plugin allows user (User, Agent, Agency, Developer) roles to be translatable, which causes WPML not to function.

Our team found a fix for the issue but this fix will need to be implemented into the plugin and we do not have any further influence on that.

The plugin author has been informed by our compatilbity team and we hope he will implement the fix as soon as possible, as it might not really be necessary to translate the roles themselves and applying the fix solved the problem.

We hope for your understanding.

Best regards
Andreas

February 2, 2021 at 7:41 pm #7990343

joseR-42

Hi Andreas

Thanks for the effort and dedication but it is also not a reliable way for me as costumer.

I hope to be informed somehow when the plugin has been fixed by the author.

Best regards
JR