This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
March 1, 2019 at 11:50 am #3260146

radimD

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a booking site for reservation of the apartments and there are four apartments (four sites) where the user can book the apartment and I would like to translate pages on another language. If I make a standard translation then in that case i create additional site which creates me another problem of creating additional room in my system (4 apartments + 4 translations (duplicated sites) = 8 apartments which is not right.)

I would like, somehow, to make the translation of these sites without having to make a duplicate site. Is that possibile at all?
At the moment I have only managed to -> make 'Accommodation' appear as translated, so at least that I have the option to go to the another language of that page, but the content has remaind the same.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

March 2, 2019 at 12:18 am #3263385

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hi There,

The process[display as translated] that you are using at the moment is the one i would recommend but the problem is indeed that this is not allowing you to add an actual translation.

Duplicating/ and translating would create the need to create a new property for each language

ex. 2 properties in EN 2 properties in FR = 4 properties in total

would it be possible to just ""duplicate"" the properties but link the translations to one property ? That might get complicated and the links could break, but you could test it.

my suggest is to indeed create translations of your properties. Some plugins allow you to create these translations quickly by duplicating them.