This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How can I translate the actual slide name on the backend when using Revolution Slider?

Solution: Currently it is not possible to translate the name of the slides on the backend. As a workaround, you can create a second slider in your second language.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ka-chuS 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 29, 2018 at 7:50 am

ka-chuS

I am trying to:
Translate the sliders from English to Chinese

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
Please see the pictures. The content of each slider is no problem to do translations. But how to translate the slide name (the red squared area)?

I expect to see:
Please teach me how to translate the slide name.

September 30, 2018 at 6:22 pm #2776717

ka-chuS

1 day and 10 hours past. May I have any help, please?

October 1, 2018 at 4:51 pm #2778883

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. WPML customer support service operates 18 hours per day, Monday to Friday, which is why there was a delayed response.

As for translating the slide text, please follow the documentation here: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/creating-multilingual-sliders-with-revolution-slider-and-wpml/

Once you have completed these steps, let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

October 1, 2018 at 4:59 pm #2778893

ka-chuS

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for your help!

Yes, I still need. If you have checked out my enclosed pictures, you can see that I can do translations on the content of each slide. However, the problem is I cannot translate the slide name. If you don't understand what slide name is, please check out the left side enclosed picture, which is named "Slide Name Untranslatable.png". And then you can see the red squared area. Those names cannot be translated. Once translated to Chinese, The English version is also translated.

October 1, 2018 at 7:00 pm #2779216

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thanks for clarifying. I looked into this and it seems that the Slide Title is not able to be translated. Often times plugin options are stored in the wp_options table of the database, but the slide title is stored in a table named wp_revslider_slides, so the titles are not able to be pulled into the String Translation table. I will make a not for our compatibility team to get in touch with the Revolution Slider author so that they can work together to find a permanent solution.

I'm sorry, I wish I had a better solution for you at this time.

October 2, 2018 at 2:32 am #2780045

ka-chuS

I have developed another slider in another language. So the problem is still fixed. But if the compatibility covers the slider title would be a much easier solution. Thank you!