Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
March 1, 2018 at 2:17 pm #1533216

nikolaM-6

Tell us what you are trying to do?
How to translate this text into booking form (plugin system booking pro -pinpoint )
Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes
Is there a similar example that we can see?
Try to translate on booking list name of property and other text, see in image attached

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

translate.png
March 1, 2018 at 10:17 pm #1533754

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

To translate the properties for booking, please go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup. Scroll down to custom post types section and make sure that properties are set to translate.

Then, go to Properties and click the "+" icon next to the property that you want to translate. Here you can add the translated property title.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

March 2, 2018 at 7:41 pm #1534804

nikolaM-6

Thank you for your support. We have checked all indicated steps but the translation is still not working. We have already translated a few properties in 3 languages which should appear translated in the booking list which we’ve sent you but it’s still not working. Please, can you advise us how to fix this issue? Thank you in advance. Kind regards.

March 2, 2018 at 7:46 pm #1534807

Lauren
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

March 2, 2018 at 10:12 pm #1534866

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sending credentials. I reviewed your settings and it looks like you have it set up correctly. I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except WPML related and then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentyFifteen. With these settings, is the issue resolved?

If you don't have a testing environment available and cannot test this on your live site, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to set up your site locally and run these tests for you.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply. I will also need the username and password of a user that was created before the duplicator package was created.

Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.

I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it. Thanks!

March 5, 2018 at 10:26 pm #1536968

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sending the files. I was able to set up a copy of your site locally, so I will continue troubleshooting there and update you here as soon as I have more information. Thanks for your patience.

March 6, 2018 at 3:05 pm #1537799

Lauren
Supporter

It looks like this is a compatibility issue with the Pinpoint plugin. I don't see this plugin on our list of compatible plugins here: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

The list of properties that show up on the booking page is coming from the calendars created in Booking System -> Calendars. These calendars are saved in a table named dopbsp_calendars. WPML does not have access to this table to translate the calendar names, which is why they are not showing in String Translation.

Could you please send me a copy of the plugin? This way, I can send it to our Compatibility team. They can then get in touch with the plugin authors to work together and try to make the plugins compatible. Please keep in mind that a resolution may take some time, depending on how quickly the Booking System authors respond.

I have marked the next reply as private so that you can send me a link to download the plugin. Thanks!

March 6, 2018 at 8:39 pm #1538258

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sending files. I have escalated this to our compatibility team. They will try to get in touch with the plugin author to find a resolution. Please keep in mind that a solution may depend on whether or not the plugin author is willing to work with us. I'll reply back here when I have more information.

July 29, 2021 at 4:04 pm #9310595

Lauren
Supporter

Did not get a response from the author. Closing here.