This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rohan Sadanandan 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
February 26, 2020 at 2:54 pm #5572243

steveK-13

Hi,

I want to translate user account names, like adminstrator, editor and etc. How to do it? Tried to use WPML String Translation, but it don´t find it.

Thx!

February 26, 2020 at 8:51 pm #5574345

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

You can enable this option by navigating to String Translation > More options > Translating users of types > Edit and select the type of users that you want to translate. Please check attached screenshot.

Once this is enabled the strings will be shown in the String Translation.

If you have any doubts, please let me know.

Thanks,
Rohan

February 29, 2020 at 2:27 pm #5591747

steveK-13

Hi,

thank you, found it, but String Translation still don´t find it. Tried to search: adminstrator and also haldur (in estonian language), but no results What can cause it?

March 2, 2020 at 7:02 pm #5602133

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

Please try searching using the admin username.
For eg, if your username is "admin". Try searching that string.
It will be under the "Author" domain.

Thanks,
Rohan

March 3, 2020 at 1:04 pm #5607965

steveK-13

Hi,

tried, but still no luck. String translation will find "Admin", but only under sitepress and layerslider. Want to give new names for all users (adminstrator, editor and etc). On the moment shows these in Estonian language (Haldur, Toimetaja, Autor, Kaastööline, Lugeja, Klient, Poe haldur), but String translation don´t find nothing. What I am doing wrong?

March 3, 2020 at 4:03 pm #5609705

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Instructions to send private information are here: hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thanks,
Rohan

March 4, 2020 at 2:20 pm #5617787

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the credentials.

I've just scanned the WordPress domain & the user roles are showing now.
Please check & confirm.

For eg., you can access the "Administrator" user role here: hidden link

Thanks,
Rohan