Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by osamuW 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
January 29, 2020 at 4:35 pm #5386173

osamuW

I wanted to translate "Enter search keywords" in a search box. But it doesn't work. Please see my loom video: hidden link

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 10.56.14 AM.jpg
January 29, 2020 at 10:17 pm #5388069

Bruno

Thank you for contacting us. It depends on how this string is added.

How is this string being added? Also, is there any global configuration for this string? For example, is there a settings page where this option is configured, in addition to the specific search form?

Or it could be a compatibility issue as well. I looked on our page of officially supported plugins, but I didn't find this plugin: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

Thank you.

January 30, 2020 at 12:42 am #5388423

osamuW

Hi Bruno,

Not sure what you mean about how this string being added. But, can you take a look at my aother loom video? Seems that the multilingual content setup is okay. Can you give me another though? Please let me know

January 30, 2020 at 11:19 am #5391631

osamuW

Here is the loom:
hidden link

January 30, 2020 at 2:51 pm #5393179

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you for the video. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

February 2, 2020 at 5:55 pm #5407823

osamuW

Hi Bruno,

I will get back to you on this next week.

Osamu

February 3, 2020 at 5:33 pm #5414837

Bruno

Hi Osamu,

Sure. Please let me know when you are ready.

Thank you.

February 12, 2020 at 4:44 pm #5479369

Bruno

Hi,

The problem was happening because, on the homepage, the form chosen in the secondary language was the form in English.

I accessed the homepage in the secondary language and clicked to edit with Elementor. Then, I selected the correct form and the problem was solved. I will attach two images for you to see.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

elementor-page.png
elementor-page-2.png
February 12, 2020 at 5:12 pm #5479973

osamuW

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!