Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
April 17, 2021 at 1:02 am #8559343

Jeremy

We went through this documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-create-multilingual-online-courses-websites-using-learndash-and-wpml/

and couldn't find any info on how to translate WPML certificates.

When we click on the PLUS sign (under the language's flag) next to the certificate, it opens the translation editor but all the fields are missing - there should be a field for the certificate's image and the body text.

Thank you

April 18, 2021 at 11:46 am #8564281

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I’ll be glad to help you today.

1) Could you please try to duplicate the Certificate and edit the translated one independently? (Kindly check the attached screenshot)

2) According to your Debug.info, you might need to update the WordPress core along with WPML plugins.

I hope this helps you. If you need further info, please let me know.

Best regards,
Osama

1.jpg
April 18, 2021 at 7:08 pm #8566115

Jeremy

Thank you for your response.

We duplicated the certificates and selected Translate Independently. Then proceeded to translate the translated certificate and once we were done we clicked on Update.

However, now we're facing a new issue.

On the English site it loads the certificate correctly - as a PDF
hidden link

and on the French site it loads the certificate as a regular HTML page and the certificate is broken.
hidden link

April 18, 2021 at 8:09 pm #8566271

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Could you please try the following?

1- Go to WPML-> Languages-> Language URL format section
2- Select "Different languages in directories."
3- Resave the permalinks
4- Check the certificate

Kindly let me know if the French certificate displays correctly.

Thank,
Osama

April 19, 2021 at 2:04 am #8566631

Jeremy

We followed the steps, however the certificate is still not showing up as a PDF:

hidden link

April 19, 2021 at 7:04 am #8567979

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

April 19, 2021 at 3:35 pm #8574035

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for providing the access details. I've checked the certificates and found that the issue caused by a CSS img attribute when changing the width and height, the image displays correctly. (Kindly check the attached screenshot 1)

After that, the English and the French certificates seem to be identical. (Kindly check the attached screenshot 2)

Kindly check the CSS of the image and edit the secret in the HTML to remove the width and height. (Kindly check the attached screenshot 3)

I hope this helps you. If you need further info, please let me know.

Best regards,
Osama

3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
April 19, 2021 at 4:23 pm #8574471

Jeremy

Hi Osama,

Notice that you're screenshots are showing a broken certificate, it's supposed to be a PDF.

So basically a user completed the course in the English language, the English certificate shows up correctly:

hidden link

Notice that it's a PDF.

And when the user changes to French language and clicks on the certificate, it takes her to a broken HTML certificate (it should be a PDF) - notice how the dynamic elements are showing up below the certificate.

hidden link

Thank you

April 19, 2021 at 4:38 pm #8574599

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the update. The English one is an image. (Kindly check the attached screenshot 1)

After editing the HTML of the French, it looks like the English one. (Kindly check the attached screenshot 2)

Kindly explain more to me if I missed something.

Thanks,
Osama

2.jpg
1.jpg
April 19, 2021 at 8:11 pm #8575771

Jeremy

Oh I understand the confusion now. The URL for the certificate changes each time you login as the user.

In order to access the certificate in question, switch to Mary's account, to do that, please login as Admin, then in the backend click on Users, and under mary@riacanada.ca username there's a "Switch To" link.

Under the dashboard hidden link
Under Record/s of Completion Click on Final Exam: RI Essentials

Under French Dashboard hidden link
Under "Dossier(s) d’achèvement" Click on Final Exam: RI Essentials

You'll notice that the first (ENGLISH) certificate loads correctly in a PDF format
and the 2nd certificate (FRENCH) loads a broken HTML page

Thank you

April 20, 2021 at 10:08 am #8579835

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the explanation. I might understand the issue now.

By default, Learndash LMS doesn't Sync course progress between the languages, so the French certificate is not displayed correctly. I've edited the " mary@riacanada.ca" user profile in French and didn't find any assigned courses. (Kindly check the attached screenshot)

Could you please assign the French course to this user, complete the course, and then try to get the French certificate?

Kindly let me know if the certificate worked correctly.

Thanks,
Osama

1.jpg
April 20, 2021 at 7:52 pm #8585019

Jeremy

The French course was completed by another user associated with this email: nbuccheri@gmail.com

However, the problem is reversed now. So now if I open the English Dashboard (hidden link) of that particular user, the Certificate is not translated, it appears as French instead of English, and when I click on the Certificate, it opens a broken HTML page instead of the PDF.

Thank you

April 20, 2021 at 8:03 pm #8585075

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

I assume that the LearnDash LMS certificate is not translatable unless the user completed the course in the 2 languages, not only one of them.

Could you please reach LearnDash support and ask them about this particular case to make sure if my assumption is correct and if they have a workaround for this issue.

Thanks,
Osama

The topic ‘[Closed] How to translate WPML certificate?’ is closed to new replies.