This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:How to translated Cookie Consent plugin?

Solution:You will need to use String Translation to translate it.

1. Go under “WPML -> Theme and plugins localization” 2. Make sure that “Translate by WPML.” is active 3. Scroll down to “Strings in the plugins”, select the plugin you want to scan and click on “Scan the selected plugins for strings” 4. Once you followed the above steps go under “WPML -> String Translation”. All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

If you added new information to the context , you will need to go to WPML->Theme and Plugins localization and rescan the plugin 'cookie consent' to pick up the new strings you added.

Then you can search for your string in Spanish.

Once you find it make sure that

1. Within Theme and Plugins localization you have unchecked the option 'Assume that the original language of all strings is English'

2. Select the string and click on "change language of selected string" to Spanish within String Translation

Relevant Documentation:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by carlos-helderG 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
March 5, 2018 at 7:22 pm #1536829

carlos-helderG

I mean this plugin: hidden link

My website is hidden link

Thanks

Carlos

March 5, 2018 at 9:56 pm #1536945

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

You will need to use String Translation to translate it.

1. Go under “WPML -> Theme and plugins localization”
2. Make sure that “Translate by WPML.” is active
3. Scroll down to “Strings in the plugins”, select the plugin you want to scan and click on “Scan the selected plugins for strings”
4. Once you followed the above steps go under “WPML -> String Translation”. All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

March 7, 2018 at 1:11 pm #1539094

carlos-helderG

I have done it, but I don't find the right strings to translate. I only find the default string of the plugin, not the ones I have entered.

It seems WPML translated the strings in the PHP files, but not in the database. Am I right? How to translate the cookies text? :/

Please, take a look of the screenshot to understand better! 🙂

March 7, 2018 at 6:54 pm #1539637

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Since you added new information to the context , you will need to go to WPML->Theme and Plugins localization and rescan the plugin 'cookie consent' to pick up the new strings you added.

Then you can search for your string in Spanish.

Once you find it make sure that

1. Within Theme and Plugins localization you have unchecked the option 'Assume that the original language of all strings is English'

2. Select the string and click on "change language of selected string" to Spanish within String Translation

March 7, 2018 at 7:06 pm #1539661

carlos-helderG

Thank you very much. Your screenshots helped me to actually discover what I was doing wrong 🙂