If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How to trigger String Translation to re-scan the mo file?

Solution: The change in .po/.mo files automatically gets updated on the site, here is the workflow: - you made some change is made in the .po file - You should recompile .po to .mo file - Visit the string on frontend - the string change will register - If you revisit (Refresh) the page again visit contents are updated

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by simonN-3 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
November 19, 2018 at 9:10 am #2918719

simonN-3

I have installed the Storefront theme and then I installed the WPML and added Chinese Traditional.
The Storefront-zh_tw.mo/po file are automatically downloaded during the setup process.

When I go to String Translation, I can see that the string of the Storefront-zh_tw.mo is being read into database so that it is being displayed in the line
above the translation input box which is found in
class-wpml-string-translation-table.php line 135
It seems reading the string from database with field name 'mo_string'.

And then because we found that the string need to be fixed and retranslated, we use POedit to do so.
we do in this way
1. delete all the storefront domain text in WPML String Translation
2. go to themes and plugin localization
3. select Storefront and scan and then (hopefully the WPML can re-read the mo file but it did not)

Where or How should we trigger the WPML to scan/rescan the mo string fromStorefront-zh_tw.mo so that it will be shown again in the mo string field?

Many thanks.

November 20, 2018 at 3:41 am #2921875

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

The change in .po/.mo files automatically gets updated on the site, here is the workflow:
- you made some change is made in the .po file
- You should recompile .po to .mo file
- Visit the string on frontend - the string change will register
- If you revisit (Refresh) the page again visit contents are updated

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

November 20, 2018 at 3:04 pm #2923588

simonN-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!