If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
August 14, 2018 at 2:09 pm

mohammedB-5

I have changed the price of the product , but the price of the translated product its not changed .

so How i can update the price of the translated products ?? to be same as the original products ??? Please i need solution

BTW Please do not Update the plugin of woocomerce multingual because it will destroy the pictures of the website !

August 14, 2018 at 2:41 pm #2643734

mohammedB-5

i am updating the price of the original language using a plugin (alidropship), and i know maybe its not compatible with WPML, but i need some logic to update the translated products after the updating of the original products

example
english product
hidden link

arabic product
hidden link

August 15, 2018 at 1:31 am #2644869

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

I´ll be helping you with this issue.

1. Clarification
You wrote: "..I have changed the price of the product , but the price of the translated product its not changed ...i am updating the price of the original language using a plugin (alidropship)"

1.1 Are you always updating your products in this way?

Our product will hook into the Woocommerce updates of product to synchronise product prices. It may be that using this 3rd party plugin does not activate the woocommerce actions/hooks that WCML is waiting for.

1.2 If you update your product prices using the normal Woocommerce editor, do the prices synchronise as expected?

2. Required Code
You wrote: ".. i need some logic to update the translated products after the updating of the original products..."

I understand that you need code that would execute after any field of the original product is changed. Normally, this is already part of the WCML product provided that Woocommerce is the logic that is updating the products.

Providing custom solutions/code is beyond the scope of our support work. What I can do is provide information about our various WPML and WCML hooks that you can use to create custom solutions that are not covered by our standard features:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/wcml-hooks-reference/
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-coding-api/
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/

I would also suggest that you contact one of our certified WPML partners for doing the necessary design and development of your custom solution:
https://wpml.org/documentation/about-wpml-contractors/

I wait for your feedback on the 1st point above.

August 15, 2018 at 6:04 am #2645645

mohammedB-5

1.1 this is the first time i update the product prices , so its clear that we need something to update the price of the translated product after updating the original !

1.2 Yes, now i have changed the price of one product using the normal editor and the price of the translated product changed

2. Please, this is a point that you can improve your WPML to be compatible with nice plugin like alidropship , so please help me only i need logic to update the products from the original one, i hope you can support me

August 15, 2018 at 3:56 pm #2646934

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Ok. So I understand from your reply that the problem is with the way the particular plugin (ie. AliDropship Woo Plugin) is updating the product.

IS THIS CORRECT?

We are happy to work with new plugins/themes and collaborate with the authors to be compatible with WPML. There is a special program created to assist the plugin authors to amend their code to fit into our architecture:
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

Our GoGlobal program is the correct channel to get the code you need. The support forum is limited to addressing problems with our *own* code or identifying issues with already compatible themes/plugins. It is focused on ensuring that our clients are getting support on our ownproducts/code.

What I can do is to escalate your case to our Compatibility team who will analyse the issues and contact the plugin author to begin a collaboration. Ususally, if a workaround is identified, we will communicate it directly to you and the author. However, this can take a lot of time and cases are selected based on popularity of the plugin. We absolutely require the collaboration of the plugin author to do any work as it is not our policy to change code not written by our own programmers. I need to say that sometimes we are not able to establish a working relationship with the author for various reasons and the compatibility ticket dies off.

Please let me know if you want to proceed on this channel. Also please indicate that you fully understand that this process can take months to resolve if ever.

If you still want to proceed, I will need to setup a Sandbox server for you. You will then need to upload and configure this plugin for us to test.

August 15, 2018 at 4:03 pm #2646963

mohammedB-5

I understand what you said, but let me explain the issue please
its clear to me that the issue is , there is a part in the original product called (Supplier info) , and this portion its not imported to the translated product .

what we need is , when i do in the woocommerce multilingual (copy all the fields from the original product) to copy this (Supplier info) also , can you help me to do this without entering long process like to be fully compatible with that plugin.

see the attachment

August 15, 2018 at 4:09 pm #2647025

mohammedB-5

So now i am trying to copy these fields manually , but i need your support to do this automatically

August 15, 2018 at 6:16 pm #2647379

Yvette
Supporter

OK.

If the information is already contained in custom fields (as it appears in the image you uploaded) then all you should have to do is to set the translation options for these custom fields to "copy".
WPML -> Settings -> Custom Field Translation

Our WPML hooks will copy all custom fields with this setting to translated product post types when the product is updated through Woocommerce transactions. If your plugin author has triggered/hooked into the same Woocomerce hook, this should all work for you without any additional code required.

I would need to take a closer look. Please provide the following:

1. Temporary Access to your system
The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

2. Additional plugins:
Install and activate the ARI Adminer plugin

3. A case study
Provide a sample product and steps to reproduce the update you are executing. Remember that I have no knowledge of this plugin so be very precise.

Thanks

August 15, 2018 at 6:26 pm
August 15, 2018 at 6:30 pm #2647407

mohammedB-5

Please do not update woocommerce multilingual , i have to take full backup before that , because maybe the update will hide all the images ...
so please we need only to copy these custom fields

August 15, 2018 at 8:21 pm #2647646

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

You asked : "..what is the name of the custom field which we need to copy ?.."

As I wrote before:
Provide a sample product and steps to reproduce the update you are executing. Remember that I have no knowledge of this plugin so be very precise.

I also do not read arabic so you must be very very clear with images - otherwise I cannot advance. When you provide a sample case, I can then figure out which custom field you need to set and if it is responding to the wpml architecture.

August 15, 2018 at 8:37 pm #2647680

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

You asked : "..what is the name of the custom field which we need to copy ?.."

I have been able to connect to your site and take a look at the way the plugin is structured. I can confirm that there is no easy way to integrate the WCML solution with this plugin.

This is primarily due to the use of custom tables that hold the information that you want to synchronise that lie outside of the normal Woocommerce solution. The WCML solution will syncronise the wp-posts and wp-postmeta tables.

You will need substantial coding to synchronise these fields between related posts. It is clear that you need a contractor or the plugin author to do the work.

The topic ‘[Closed] How to Update Price of the product’ is closed to new replies.