This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by David 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: David.

Author Posts
June 11, 2018 at 4:43 pm #2405788

timothyM-6

Tell us what you are trying to do?
We are using WPML, Woocommerce and ACF on our site. Our Woocommerce product content type has a bunch of ACF fields attached. One is an image field and I have this field set to translate in the multilingual content settings section. When I click on the translations for the product, I see the field in the Custom Fields section but all that is there is the ID of the original image. How do I upload a new image for this translation (the image as text in it that needs translation...)

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I reviewed this page: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Not really

What is the link to your site?
This is the product, but you cannot see the image from there...

June 12, 2018 at 7:17 pm #2409447

David
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

I think your best option is to translate this with the help of WPML Media Translation plugin.

Go to your Dashboard and browse to "WPML -> Media Translation".
Look for the image you want to translate and do it there.

Let me know if this works for you.

June 12, 2018 at 7:50 pm #2409543

timothyM-6

I do not see any list of media at "WPML -> Media Translation". Just a few checkboxes and submits. Am I missing something? Thanks

June 13, 2018 at 4:50 pm #2411663

David
Supporter

Please update WPML and addons to their latest versions.

June 13, 2018 at 8:46 pm #2412237

timothyM-6

Ah, I see there is a major change. Sorry about that. We applied plugin updates in early May. I didn't think that system was different now...

I applied the updates. I need to analyze a bit. First glance, there are a lot of dups.

June 15, 2018 at 10:18 pm #2416352

timothyM-6

Ok, I looked over the new media translationa found my "title_image" ACF field. I have now uploaded a translated version of this media however the en version still appears on the page. So the page is a specially coded one that displays a product selector tool. I am getting the URL of the image with this call:

<?php
if ($on_selector == true) {
  $package = array(
  'title_image' => get_field('title_image'),
  'quick_start' => get_field('quick_start'),
  '4-channel_eeg' => get_field('4-channel_eeg'),
);
?>

Will this get_field('title_image') return me the URL of the translated image? The ACF field is configured to return the url of the file...

Also, I have the field set in the custom fields section of the product to be set to Translate as in the screenshot. With the new Media Translation should this be set to "Don't Translate"?

Thanks for your support!

June 19, 2018 at 11:33 am #2421729

David
Supporter

I need access details to take a closer look at what you are doing.
I don't have experience yet combining the new media plugin with ACF and I need to check if everything is working as expected.

I have marked your next reply as private.

June 21, 2018 at 3:41 pm #2427598

David
Supporter

There seems to be HTTP authentication before I can reach WordPress.
Can you share these credentials too?
I have marked your next reply as private.

June 21, 2018 at 5:14 pm #2427887

David
Supporter

The first thing I tried was to translate the image id ( from 11866 to 11869 ) see screenshot.

But I can't find a way to check it worked, where am I supposed to see this image in the frontend?

June 23, 2018 at 12:30 am #2430351

timothyM-6

The image is used on this page: hidden link
Choose Pro, then HEG o EEG and you should get the product involved in the grid.
This is a custom plugin product selector tool. It uses javascript to choose which products to display in the grid. Each column in the grid represents a product which has the ACF fields attached. This image field we are working on is am image field set to output the file's url. I am getting this value with:

get_field('title_image')

My expectation was that this get_field would fetch the url of the translated image. It does not appear to be happening now. How did you add the translation? Did the id show because you translated it else where or did you change it on the product after translating in media translation screen?

Thanks,

July 1, 2018 at 1:43 pm #2449006

timothyM-6

I saw a post on WPML.org that they were planning a new release of WPML Media translation. Are we waiting for that?

July 2, 2018 at 12:49 pm #2453688

David
Supporter

Yes, there has been a lot of confusion with recent wpml-media releases.
Here is the long explanation:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/new-wpml-4-0-4-beta-solves-media-issues/

In conclusion, can you try with the latest releases of our plugins and let me know if the problem continues?
Thanks

July 6, 2018 at 11:46 am #2470719

timothyM-6

I updated all plugins on my staging site including WPML 4.0.4. Now if I click on a translation for a product nothing happens. No error message. 🙁

You should still have access as before.

July 6, 2018 at 11:50 am #2470733

timothyM-6

I checked the debug.log file and found nothing of interest.

July 9, 2018 at 3:37 pm #2477032

David
Supporter

Ok, first of all lets see why clicking on a translation for a product nothing happens.

I logged into your site and clicked on the portuguese translation for a product (#14137).
The translation editor came up correctly.

At this point I need to understand if I missed your problem or you have already fixed it.
Please let me know the steps I have to follow to see the problem.

Once we have this sorted we can continue looking into your initial problem with the product image.