Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hooiC 11 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
March 11, 2019 at 6:04 pm #3315577

hooiC

Tell us what you are trying to do? I have translated images to upload. I went into translation management and select the page: mylotus App. No images appear for me to select to translate. I was looking for mylotusapp2.jpg. what is best way of uploading a translated image into for eg the Dutch page. i have watched the video in the documentation but no images appear for me to select in the translation management for mylotus App. also i am not keen to upload the image in the wp-media and then change the path in the fusion builder. its very cumbersome.

Is there any documentation that you are following? https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link hidden link

March 11, 2019 at 6:37 pm #3316029

hooiC

Hi, I am wondering maybe the reason I can't see the image because the image is built as part of Avada Fusion shortcodes. I am hoping I don't have to go into the fusion block to change as it warn you that you are using WP editor and not wpml editor. the screenshot is for German. our primary language is English.

March 11, 2019 at 8:36 pm #3316671

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Usually the best option should be to go to WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Media Translation and uploaded your translated images for your website, this way your page content should show the proper image according the language. If something is not working this way here, then we need to take a detailed look, for that, please consider:

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

March 12, 2019 at 11:51 am #3321765

hooiC

Hi, we found that the url for the image was not the correct url. I am waiting for our developer to change this default English site and see if the image can be uploaded into wpml MEDIA. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!