Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by romainO-2 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 15, 2020 at 2:19 pm #6604229

romainO-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I would like to get projects thumbnails on this page : hidden link
such as here : hidden link

July 15, 2020 at 8:58 pm #6607517

Bruno

Thank you for contacting us. It depends on how these images are added. When I try to access the secondary language, the page does not load. Perhaps the secondary language has not yet been published (at least while logged out).

By default, depending on how these images are used, you should only synchronize them in both languages and this should already work. You can see our documentation here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/#translation-for-image-captions-and-titles

Following the steps in our documentation, does the problem persist?

Thank you.

July 15, 2020 at 9:31 pm #6607625

romainO-2

Sorry, english language was hidden. It displays now.
I have checked the documentation. The same options are enabled.
I have recently added your media translation plugin. Since then, the newly added thumbnail displays correctly in english but not the older ones.

July 16, 2020 at 10:20 am #6611669

romainO-2

Can you please check it again ?

July 17, 2020 at 2:32 am #6617009

Bruno

Thank you. Have you tried to sync these images again? The documentation I posted above also shows how to synchronize the images.

If the problem still persists, if you update the product in the standard language and translation, is the image synchronized?

Also, within the original product, are the options for synchronizing images checked? I will attach an image for you to see.

Thank you.

July 17, 2020 at 10:10 am #6619803

romainO-2

"are the options for synchronizing images checked? I will attach an image for you to see." : this was the solution. Thank you!