Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by sarah.n 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
July 18, 2013 at 6:20 pm #146387

James

Hi All,

I am trying to import multilingual data from a CSV file using the excellent TurboCSV plugin from Chris Richardson.
I would like to know more about the way translated posts are linked in WPML so that I can recreate the links while importing.

Please help if you ever had this kind of experience.

Best,
Stephen

July 18, 2013 at 7:12 pm #146401

Bruno

Dear James,

You say about the format that the link is? If it is, depends on how it is configured the Language URL format: WPML > Languages > Language URL format.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you.

August 2, 2013 at 4:40 pm #151429

James

Our developer, Stephen Sinclair, isn't sure how to interpret this answer.
Could you please communicate with him directly?
stephen@romancelanguage.us

August 2, 2013 at 4:42 pm #151431

James

Note I somehow never received the July 18 email response from this exchange, hence the delay.

August 2, 2013 at 5:36 pm #151444

Bruno

Dear James,

I sent an email to your developer, requesting more information about the post.

Thank you.

August 2, 2013 at 6:02 pm #151453

James

Thanks, Bruno.

August 7, 2013 at 7:25 am #152566

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Stephen,

This is Sarah. Bruno has forwarded your forum thread to me so I will be assisting you from here. Hope this is OK with you.

You asked: "I would like to know more about the way translated posts are linked in WPML so that I can recreate the links while importing."

In short, WPML stores data in the database and specifically in the tables prefixed with "icl_". When a post/page/taxonomy is created WPML will automatically create a record for it in the "icl_translations" table.

It then connects the original content to its translations using the integer value saved in the "trid" table column of "icl_translations".

The above is illustrated and explained further here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-tables/

You may find the WPML API functions of help located in sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wpml-api.php

Please feel free to let me know if something needs further clarification.

The topic ‘[Closed] How translated posts are linked?’ is closed to new replies.