This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 29, 2019 at 6:33 pm #4302909

Alessandro

Good morning Bigul,
I just want to report You another thing that I have noticed on the webserver.
In the root of wordpress in the error file log it reports a lot of errors like the following:
PHP Warning: preg_match(): Unknown modifier '(' in /home/wlbyazic/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/absolute-links/absolute-links.class.php on line 176
Then WPML is involved in some way..
Waiting for an Your kind reply
Ale

July 29, 2019 at 6:38 pm #4302913

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Ale,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Have you upgraded from a very older version of WPML(not from 4.2 series) to the latest one? Because the similar issues has not reported recently.

If possible, please check when this warning is generating. I mean the correct steps to reproduce the issue.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 30, 2019 at 6:58 am #4305081

Alessandro

Hi Bigul,
we upgraded to the last version, but this issue was present also before the upgrade (we didn't notice the error on log).
So if You can support us to solve this issue ok, otherwise we'll do other choices.
Thank You for all what You can do.
Ale

July 30, 2019 at 4:13 pm #4309613

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

Thank you for the updates. I have tried to reproduce the issue on my local copy by visiting the frontend and backend pages. But it not showing this warning exactly.

So I would like to try with a new copy of your site. Can you please add me as temporary admin or share a Duplicator package(without *wp-content/uploads* folder). You can share the Duplicator package via Dropbox or Google Drive.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 31, 2019 at 3:42 pm #4316233

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

Thank you for the details and backup. I am currently working on it. Will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 13, 2019 at 8:28 am #4385857

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

For your kind updates, I have tried to reproduce the issue in our different servers. But not able to reproduce the issue exactly after the serveral tries.

So just to make sure, are you still getting this warning in error log.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 13, 2019 at 8:31 am #4385861

Alessandro

Hi Bigul,
unfortunatly this warning on eror log persist.
By the way if You could solve this issue is ok else we'll wait for a plugin update.
At the moment on front end things seeems to be ok.
Thx
Ale

August 14, 2019 at 8:33 am #4393375

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

Thank you for the updates. I am checking the issue with our team and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 15, 2019 at 2:18 pm #4401523

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

Please try the following steps after a full site backup and let me know your feedback.

1) Deactivate WPML plugins
2) Remove it from the plugins directory
3) Download the plugins from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
4) Upload the newly downloaded WPML plugins
5) Activate the plugins
6) Visit Settings>>Permalinks and resave the settings
7) Check the warnings are still showing or not

Also please make sure any of your URLs containing ( character in the URL.

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul