This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 28, 2019 at 6:41 pm #4109887

nathanS-8

I am trying to:
Make make sure that HREF lang tags point to the correct locations as well as canonical tags
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
This is a custom post type on my site: hidden link
I expected to see:
My canonical tags point to the correct translations. as well as the canonical tag self reference
Instead, I got:
reference to the home page for each language. See screen shot.

June 28, 2019 at 10:37 pm #4110269

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Have you translated this page to see if hreflang will be displayed correctly? Usually when the links are pointed to the homepage is because the translation has not yet been made or published.

If the translation has already been made, please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the problem is fixed, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

Thank you.

June 28, 2019 at 11:06 pm #4110285

nathanS-8

There is a translation for this page here: hidden link

As you can see, it's not linking the alternate language pages correctly.

Do you have plugins with known conflicts with WPML?

July 1, 2019 at 6:59 pm #4121913

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you. I saw what you're reporting. On the plugins, I'm not sure if any could cause this problem.

In this case, ideally, you should test by disabling all non-WPML plugins to see if the problem would persist in an environment with the minimal WPML plugins.

If the problem is solved, then you can turn it on one by one to see what is causing this problem.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Href Lang and Canonical’ is closed to new replies.