This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 11, 2018 at 6:02 pm #2809409

ToBulk

Hello,

I have a problem where I'm at a loss.

There's something wrong with the Canonical Tag about your individual search.

And the href and x-default is missing

E.g.:

The URL is: hidden link

The Canonical Tag is: hidden link

------------------------------------------------
The Error Message is:

hidden link
Errors

Page does not self-reference itself in any of its Hreflang tags/headers what is self-referencing?

Hreflang-relationship missing
On the page linked in the Hreflang integration the back-relation to the source page is missing. The integration is therefore invalid. Hreflang awards must always be bidirectional. If the reverse relationship is missing, Google can ignore the integration.

Important: During this check, we deliberately ignore any canonical tags that may be present on the pages. This is done to ensure an objective representation of the correct implementation of the hreflang system to the pages.
------------------------------------------------

Kind regards

Torsten

October 11, 2018 at 7:56 pm #2809652

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Torsten, welcome back 🙂

First, it is important to mention that WPML does not create any rel="canonical" tags. Other plugins like Yoast SEO might be adding these tags: hidden link

Does the same issue occur with WPML disabled? This may also be something related to the theme.

I noticed that you are using the Yoast SEO plugin. Please take a look at this article to see how to setup WPML + Yoast: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-wordpress-seo-with-wpml/ - Make sure your website has been set up the same way as the guide.

Please let me know if it worked for you. If possible, please also send a message to Yoast support. They can give some hint.

All the best,
Diego