This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 6, 2019 at 9:58 am #4524619

Thomas Meyer

Bonjour,

Notre site est traduit en 5 langues et nous voudrions attribuer différentes régions à chacune de ces langues. Est-il possible de faire plusieurs HREFLANG pour une seule langue (par exemple, en-US / en-GB / en) tout en affichant PAS l'intégralité dans le sélecteur de langue? L'idée étant de ne pas rendre le tout trop compliqué d'un point de vue UX.

Merci beaucoup pour votre retour

September 8, 2019 at 10:29 am #4531139

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

You have opened this ticket in the English forum but wrote your post in the French language.
If you would like to continue here then, please just reply in English and ask your question again. If you prefer to get support in the French language then, please let me know, and I'll pass this ticket to a French supporter. Or open a new ticket with this issue in our French forum https://wpml.org/fr/forums/forum/assistance-en-francais/

If I understand correctly (Google Translate) this is what you ask.
Is it possible to do more than one HREFLANG for a single language (for example, en-US / en-GB / en) while NOT displaying the entirety in the language selector?

I'm sorry this is not possible with WPML. You can only achieve it by creating a custom language. Please read about in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/editing-wpmls-languages-table/

I also think that if you implement such a method on your site, it will have a negative effect on the SEO of your site.

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] HREFLANG et sélecteur de langue’ is closed to new replies.