Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
September 19, 2019 at 10:36 am #4603633

aurelieS-2

Hello,

We're using WPML on our blog hidden link

However before submitting the site map to Google, we noticed that hreflang don't show when we check the view source code with F12 on the site.

However, the settings in the backend of WPML is ticked.

Could you please help?

Many thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Aurélie

idblog-seo-hreflang.png
idblog-seo-hreflang_f12.png
September 20, 2019 at 12:02 pm #4611835

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello there,

I will assist you here,

There should be some issue here, Any of your plugin or the theme is conflicting or WPML is not set correctly.

Please perform basic troubleshooting steps, Make sure to perform this in a test environment or after securing a backup of your site and database.

- Deactivate all non WPML plugins check if the issue persists
- If the issue disappears active the plugin one by one to identify the conflicting plugin
- If the issue is not resovled try changing the theme to any of the WordPress default check if the issue is resolved

Please let me know the results.

Kind regards
Raja

September 24, 2019 at 12:50 pm #4631699

aurelieS-2

Hello,

About our hreflang tag that don't show on our header, our developper did a few checks and found something :
In WPML_SEO_HeadLangs class defined in wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/seo/class-wpml-seo-headlangs.php, the must_render() method seems to return false, it didn't enter this condition :

if (
$wpml_queried_object->has_object()
&& $has_languages
&& ! $this->sitepress->get_wp_api()->is_paged()
)

It's seems that only $has_languages return true. We found a snippet in this thread https://wpml.org/forums/topic/after-update-alternate-link-disappeared-in-front-page/ (Igorman response) that seems to fix the issue but we rather wait for a fix to continue to update your product.

Do you see where the issue could be ? Do you have more information about our hreflang problem ?

Thank you.

September 25, 2019 at 9:36 am #4637257

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I have checked the issue and it seem the workaround you have is the only quick fix we have now for this case.

The issue is already escalated to our developer's queue. I will add this ticket to the escalated thread for better followup.

Kind regards
Raja

September 25, 2019 at 2:57 pm #4640139

aurelieS-2

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your reply.
Could you please give us an idea of time estimation when it'll be solved?

Many thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Aurélie

September 26, 2019 at 9:51 am #4645407

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

This is something that is being worked on by the developers, I don't have an estimated date when it will be fixed. I am afraid I cannot influence the developers on this issue as this is something that is beyond my capability and based on the queue they adjust the priority of each ticket.

I am already subscribed to the escalated ticket, I will try to keep you posted if there is any update

September 2, 2020 at 6:42 am #6922007

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

This took a lot time, Finally the fix is available in the latest version of WPML 4.4.0

In case if you do not see an update notice, Please goto Plugins > Add New > Commercial tab, Click on check for updates, to fetch the latest WPML version.

If the issue persists, Kindly create a new ticket may be we can look in to the issue a fresh.