Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
January 15, 2019 at 5:23 am #3090783

nickC-8

I am trying to: I duplicated products and product categories but the HTML tags are not properly duplicated in the duplicate products custom fields and categories description.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Products -
hidden link - wrong
hidden link - wrong

Product Categories -
hidden link - wrong
hidden link - correct

I expected to see:
Products -
hidden link - correct
hidden link - correct

Product Categories -
hidden link - correct

Instead, I got:
Products -
hidden link - wrong
hidden link - wrong

Product Categories -
hidden link - wrong
hidden link - correct

Screenshot at 2019-01-15 10-52-40.png
Screenshot at 2019-01-15 10-51-44.png
January 15, 2019 at 1:30 pm #3093028

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 16, 2019 at 4:48 pm #3098586

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. I can replicate the issue on your site. But it is showing the varied result in my test installation. Please check the attached images. This may be happening because of the compatibility issues.

So please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2019-01-16_2218.png
January 17, 2019 at 5:52 am #3100560

nickC-8

Alright, you can take duplicator of website .

January 17, 2019 at 1:23 pm #3102141

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the permission. The Duplicator is not working as expected on your site, becuase *ZIP Archive* option is not enabled. Please check the attached images for more details and enable *ZIP Archive* feature.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2019-01-17_1853.png
2019-01-17_1852.png
February 2, 2019 at 9:06 pm #3154682

nickC-8

Hi, can you please tell me how to do this, can i give you access to enable this?

Or if you can give me instructions from within root, i have tried following some online instructions to enable via CPanel but it doesn't find anything when i search for "zip" in the php pear.

also,

im checking webmasters and we have 3 other versions of the store GB/AUS/CAN but for some reason the plugin is excluding the other versions products from been index by adding canonical tags so google is excluding them from the searches in that country version of google - hidden link

any idea how we fix this?

I am happy to pay someone in tech to go in and make these fixes for me if thats possible.

February 4, 2019 at 8:52 am #3156621

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please contact your hosting provider support to enable *ZIP Archive* option.

Now I am not able to access your WordPress Backend because of the wrong user name. Please check.

ERROR: The password you entered for the username ***** is incorrect.

For your kind updates, we don't offer custom support or accept payment for the support. But you can contact WPML Contractors for the custom work or support. Please check the following links for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/about-wpml-contractors/

https://wpml.org/contractors/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 4, 2019 at 9:28 am #3156786
nickC-8

OK do you have any idea what the other issue is?

webmasters and we have 3 other versions of the store GB/AUS/CAN but for some reason the plugin is excluding the other versions products from been index by adding canonical tags so google is excluding them from the searches in that country version of google - hidden link

Thanks

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-google-is-excluding-the-other-versions-products-from-been-index/

February 4, 2019 at 5:46 pm #3158965

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have opened a new ticket for the Google Index issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket.

I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 8, 2019 at 10:43 pm #3177260

nickC-8

Hi,

I have updated the FTP and admin details for you in the private message, i have also copied the website to another hosting for you to check configurations.

Thanks

February 11, 2019 at 7:21 am #3181049

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I made a Duplicator copy of your site now. Will debug it further and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 12, 2019 at 9:45 am #3187548

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, the issue is existing after the initial debugging procedures. In a fresh installation is showing the expected result while translating the terms. Therefore I have shared the details with our second tier team for the expert opinion.

We will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 12, 2019 at 11:14 pm #3191233
nickC-8

Ok great thanks, Some products like this one in the GB store nothing at all as been translated totally empty.

hidden link

No icons, no content in variation block, no tabbed content - there is a few like this also.

Thanks

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-some-products-in-the-gb-store-has-been-translated-totally-empty/

February 13, 2019 at 8:12 am #3192449

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, the bug is existing after the primary debugging steps. So I have escalated the ticket to our second tier team for further debugging. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

Please note, I have opened a new ticket for the GB store product translation issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket.

I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 16, 2019 at 4:30 pm #3207941

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind information, we have escalated this ticket to our developers for fixing the bug. We will get back to you as soon as possible when we have an update from our developers on this. Please wait.

As a workaround, for the time being, please try the following steps after a site backup and let me know your feedback.

1) Visit *wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/*
2) Open *wpml-post-edit-ajax.class.php* file for edit in a code editor
3) Scroll down to line 28.
4) Make the following change and save the changes.

From

$description = filter_var( $_POST['description'], FILTER_SANITIZE_STRING );

To

$description = filter_var( $_POST['description']);//, FILTER_SANITIZE_STRING );

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] HTML Tags not duplicated in categories and products custom fields contents’ is closed to new replies.