This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Html text on top bar on The7 Theme isn't translated
Solution:
It seems like that the theme domain, related to admin texts, is in fact "borghi".

That's why I registered the following XML:

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="borghi">
            <key name="header-elements-text"/>
            <key name="header-elements-text-2"/></key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

And added this within WPML -> Impostazioni -> Configurazione XML personalizzata. It's how The7 theme works. When you create a child theme, it saves the settings under the name of the child theme.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by paoloC-16 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 25, 2019 at 8:49 am #4280945

paoloC-16

I am trying to translate in english, html text that i have inserted (in italian) in the top bar of the7 theme. From "String Translation" i can see my italian text and i can insert the english version but from front-end the top header remain always in italian.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: borghipiubelliditalia.it/en/ and all other eng page

I expected to see the english html/text

Instead, I got aslways the italian html/text

I also read this post: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translate-top-bar-on-the7-theme/ but i think isn't usefull for me because i have the string showed into "String Translation"

Lastly i haven't installed "Translation Management" plugin becouse this isn't necessary for me and becouse i wan't the wpml code.

July 25, 2019 at 9:03 am #4281145

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

In order to debug this issue further quickly, would you be willing to provide me with temporary WordPress admin username so I could investigate the issue directly? I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 29, 2019 at 9:18 am #4298081

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I have tried every imaginable scenario there is (minimal setup, new microwidgets, clearing WPML cache, trying localhost...), but nothing helped.

Therefore I have brought this case to our compatibility team and I will keep you posted once they reply back!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 30, 2019 at 5:27 am #4304759

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can you check now? It seems like that the theme domain, related to admin texts, was changed somehow and is in fact "borghi".
hidden link

That's why I registered the following XML:

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="borghi">
            <key name="header-elements-text"/>
            <key name="header-elements-text-2"/></key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

And added this within WPML -> Impostazioni -> Configurazione XML personalizzata.

You can now find the correct strings in the string translation, so make sure to add your original text and translation properly (because I have changed them when testing).

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 1, 2019 at 8:02 am #4319513

paoloC-16

thanks for support. The domain name is "borghi" becouse i use a child theme. When i set the domain text for child theme i have to use the same of the parent?

August 1, 2019 at 8:31 am #4319877

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

When i set the domain text for child theme i have to use the same of the parent?

In fact, no, and you did it properly. I was actually uncertain myself so I asked compatibility team and they told me the following:

"It's how The7 theme works. When you create a child theme, it saves the settings under the name of the child theme."

So everything is working properly here. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist with, related to this particular issue.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 1, 2019 at 3:35 pm #4323487

paoloC-16

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!