This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: User was encountering a 500 error when updating a translation. Solution: Remove ghost entries from WPML->Troubleshooting resolved the issue.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by katieW-3 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
May 1, 2019 at 9:11 am

katieW-3

I am trying to: Update and existing post

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The post updated

Instead, I got: A 500 HTTP error

May 1, 2019 at 12:21 pm #3717987

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

Can you try to update the product on your test site, please check if this issue appears when:
- Only WPML plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
- If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

Can you also run this SQL query in your database to check if there are any erroneous entries:

SELECT * FROM `wp_postmeta`
WHERE `meta_key` = '_thumbnail_id' AND `meta_value` = '0';

If there are any entries, please remove them. And check again.

I wanted to reproduce this error, but the provided credentials are not correct, can you share other credentials, can you check if they are working.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

May 1, 2019 at 3:27 pm
May 1, 2019 at 3:28 pm #3718751

katieW-3

Hi Jamal,

Sorry just noticed I had copied the SQL from the email not the post on the website, running it gave no results to delete unfortunately,

Thanks.

May 1, 2019 at 4:05 pm #3718833

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback and for the access. I was able to resolve the issue by running the "Remove ghost entries from the translation tables" in WPML->Support->Troubelshooting. Then I saved an update for the provided product, I only added a dot and updated, then removed it and updated again.

Can you try from your end and confirm.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 2, 2019 at 10:22 am #3723723

katieW-3

Thank you so much Jamal that is superb and one less issue for me to fix and worry about. Thank you for your help!