Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 30, 2019 at 1:50 pm #3923501

jenniferH-13

I am trying to: figure out why the website is generating 502 errors, it is not consistent, but instead, it is random.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link but again, it doesn't happen all of the time.

I expected to see: No PHP errors and no 502 responses

Instead, I got: PHP errors and 502 responses

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: element_id and type do not match for element_id:198 the database contains tax_wcpv_product_vendors while this function was called with tax_ in /nas/content/live/timbernook1234/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php:32\nStack trace:\n#0 /nas/content/live/timbernook1234/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php(1484): WPML_Set_Language->set('198', 'tax_', NULL, 'en', NULL, true)\n#1 /nas/content/live/timbernook1234/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/menu/term-taxonomy-menus/taxonomy-menu.php(33): SitePress->set_element_language_details('198', 'tax_', NULL, 'en')\n#2 /nas/content/live/timbernook1234/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/menu/term-taxonomy-menus/wpml-tax-menu-loader.class.php(103): include('/nas/content/li...')\n#3 [internal function]: WPML_Tax_Menu_Loader->wpml_edit_term_form(Object(WP_Term))\n#4 /nas/content/live/timbernook1234/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(28 in /nas/content/live/timbernook1234/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php on line 32, referer: hidden link

May 30, 2019 at 4:39 pm #3925045

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Please make a backup of your site and database. Now, go to WPML -> Support and select the option Troubleshooting.

Here run the Clean up options that you can see on the screenshot.

If this will not solve the issue I might need to take a further look into your databse and compare the table structure with a new installation of WPML.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

May 30, 2019 at 6:33 pm #3925661

jenniferH-13

Hello, I worked through your troubleshooting workflow and it did not resolve the issue. Currently, we have a WP Engine support team troubleshooting staging. Perhaps we will let them finish up and if they can find anything you can get in there. Unless you would you prefer to send someone in now

May 31, 2019 at 1:46 am #3926985

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

As the troubleshooting options did not lead to the expected result there is another workaround.

Please connect to the database and check the table wp_posts for element_id:198.

If you can locate the item delte the whole row.

Relative ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/fatal-error-uncaught-invalidargumentexception/

I hope this will solve the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 3, 2019 at 6:36 pm #3945409

jenniferH-13

Hello, the PHP errors are resolved but we are still experiencing intermittent 502 errors ever since we installed WPML. We have tried disabling cart fragments, adding object caching, and running the site through WP Engine's CDN with store pages excluded. We are running Product Vendors on Woo Comm, using Multilingual to provide a price switcher for customers. Please advise if there are any known incompatibilities. The 502 errors are starting to affect business. Thaks.

June 3, 2019 at 10:24 pm #3946365

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

As far I understand those are temporary issues, correct?

Do you have any error logs on the 502 errors? It might be that they are related to a plugin incompatibilty but the also might be server realted. Could you ask your hosting provider if they do have any issues on the server error.log?

If you wish I can offer you to migrate your site to a test server for further testing? Would you agree? If so I will send you a private message with instructions after your reply.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] HTTP 502 errors related to PHP server errors generated by the plugin’ is closed to new replies.