This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by charoS 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 4, 2019 at 7:26 am

charoS

I am trying to:
Edit pages
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got: http Error 500

July 4, 2019 at 8:39 am #4141259

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I was able to connect to your site and I attempted to open the editor in both languages. I could do this without any issues.

1. What are the exact steps that I need to execute to see the problem on your site?

2. Please enable WordPress debug mode by editing/adding the following line in your wp-config.php file
[php]
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
</ code>

Then cut&paste any system messages that appear when you provoke the 500 error.

You should also be informed that a 500 error is notably a server system error as opposed to a plugin coding error. They can be tricky to narrow down and you might need to ask your server support for help.

The best way to diagnose the issue is to
- get the messages form the system log

July 4, 2019 at 9:24 am #4141875

charoS

Now debug mode is ON

When trying to edit a page (in the new language that is english) in my case About page, here is the result:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'siteorigin-panels/layout-block' of undefined
at zn (hidden link)
at hidden link
at Array.map (<anonymous>)
at hidden link
at u (hidden link)
at hidden link
at hidden link
at n (hidden link)
at new r (hidden link)
at zf (hidden link)

And this is the error that appears on he published page:
Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (1) in /home/newjoyasdelcamino/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4212

Thank you so much for your help

July 4, 2019 at 2:41 pm #4144639

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I am still unable to reproduce this error.

I created a translation of the "About" page in English, saved and published it.
I do not get any errors.

hidden link
hidden link

Are you perhaps inserting a special type of widget into the page? I would need the exact steps to replicate the error.

July 4, 2019 at 6:41 pm #4145939

charoS

Hello,

I've updated all plugins, theme and wpml modules. At the first moment it seems to works fine but working adding new pages (for example blog page in English language) it breaks , wordpress starts in recovery mode and put this message:

WPML Este plugin no se ha cargado correctamente y está en pausa durante el modo de recuperación.

Se produjo un error del tipo E_ERROR en la línea 32 del archivo /home/newjoyasdelcamino/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php. Mensaje de error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: element_id and type do not match for element_id:699 the database contains post_attachment while this function was called with post_page in /home/newjoyasdelcamino/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php:32
Stack trace:
#0 /home/newjoyasdelcamino/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php(1489): WPML_Set_Language->set(699, 'post_page', '20', 'en', 'es', true)
#1 /home/newjoyasdelcamino/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/post-translation/wpml-post-translation.class.php(325): SitePress->set_element_language_details(699, 'post_page', '20', 'en', 'es')
#2 /home/newjoyasdelcamino/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/post-translation/wpml-post-translation.class.php(172): WPML_Post_Translation->maybe_set_elid('20', 'page', 'en', 699, 'es')
#3 /home/newjoyasdelcamino/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/post-translation/wpml-admin-post-ac

Thanks for your attention.

July 4, 2019 at 7:08 pm #4146101

charoS

Now I've opened my bd, in table wp_icl_translations deleted the id element 699

A few minutes after, again the same error with another element.

Something went wrong in my db with the errors I've get at the begining so I'm going to recover my backup without wpml and try again the installation, I'll keep in touch because the http 500. Let see tomorrow. Thanks

July 5, 2019 at 7:51 am #4148655

Yvette
Supporter

Yes, this kind of error happens when the number-ranges of what is currently in the icl_translations table is conflicting with a number range being assigned to the new wordpress object.

This can happen with "migrated" sites especially with post-type attachements and menu items.

Please let me know when you have done your actions/tests and the results.

July 5, 2019 at 10:40 am #4150377

charoS

Hello again,

Fisrt of all I've updated all the pluggins and wordpress.

After that reinstalled my new theme and then WPML pluggins.

Now it seems to work fine.

I'll keep testing.

Thank you so much.

July 5, 2019 at 10:41 am #4150379

charoS

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!