Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Huge CPU usage on saving pages with Avada.

Solution:

Our developers were aware of this issue and fixed it with WPML version 4.0.3 Please update to the latest version and see if it solves the issue on your site. If not, then please open a new ticket in our forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by svetoslavK 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 13, 2018 at 9:53 am

svetoslavK

Hi, we have some extremely slow queries caused by WPML plugin. They cause a high CPU and memory usage - load of up to 100% for 20-30 secs while saving a translation. No frontend problem, just backend on saving pages. I deactivated all plugins and made suggested changes ( Auto ID adjust state, Track where strings appear , Auto register strings, query monitor, DELETE FROM `wp_icl_strings` WHERE status = 0, etc), but WP admin area is still extremely slow.

How to proceed?

Thank you!

June 14, 2018 at 10:56 am #2413321

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

I think that you are having the same issue as in the following tickets.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-product-page-edit-admin-ajax-server-crash/
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/admin-ajax-in-wp-admi-is-404-not-found-in-wpml-multilanguage-cms-version-4-0-2/
If it is indeed the same issue, then our developers have already fixed it, and it will be included in the next release of WPML.
But I still need to be sure that it is indeed the same issue.
Could you please send me to a page on you backend where the issue occurs?

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 14, 2018 at 12:57 pm #2413511

svetoslavK

Thank you, Itamar!

Perhaps it is the same problem, because I added the code suggested at first link

if( defined( 'DOING_AJAX' ) && DOING_AJAX ) { wp_die( '0', 400 );

in wp-config.php ... and the problem is solved. If i remove this code, the high CPU and memory usage is back. Is this temporary solution ok?

The issue occurs on every admin page where we edit wp post, page, portfolio, etc...

Backend example - Editing home page - hidden link

When can we expect next release of WPML?

Best Regards,
svetoslavK

June 14, 2018 at 10:06 pm #2414413

Itamar
Supporter

Great! I'm glad that this workaround helped you.

I can see in our internal documentation that this will be fixed with WPML version 4.0.3 which supposes to be released in a few days. I'll keep you informed here when it is released.

Best Regards,
Itamar.

June 15, 2018 at 5:20 pm #2416102

svetoslavK

Unfortunately, this workaround ( if( defined( 'DOING_AJAX' ) && DOING_AJAX ) { wp_die( '0', 400 ); in wp-config.php ) breaks some of the Avada Fusion builder's functionality. For example - library elements, builder element file uploading, etc... They stuck on loading.

loading.png
June 21, 2018 at 11:41 am #2426930

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Have you tried WPML 4.0.3 to see if solves the issue on your site?

Regards,
Itamar.

June 22, 2018 at 7:44 pm #2430218

svetoslavK

Hi,

Yes, WPML 4.0.3 solved the problem.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
svetoslavK