This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 16, 2019 at 2:31 pm #4221045

anniT-2

Tell us what you are trying to do? I have plug-in hustle for pop-up that will appear to the page when some one is leaving from the site. Main language is Finnish and I want it to have English text on the English page.

You can see the pop up when trying to move out from the page.

Is there any documentation that you are following? I have tried to bring the stings of the plug-in and I have tried to translate the admin screens. None of those are working, can not still find the texts in the Sting Translation,

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? Note: We have publish the page, so the URL is hidden link

July 16, 2019 at 5:02 pm #4222515

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

It seems that the Hustle plugin is currently not listed as compatible.

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=140120&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=&wpv_filter_submit=Search

a way to make this work would be to go to Hustle plugin and duplicate your current pop up form

afterwards you can choose visibility filter. This allows you to filter out based on country, URL, or even page.

this way you can have one pop up for each language using the filters to display it to the correct language pages.

July 17, 2019 at 2:14 pm #4231127

anniT-2

Funny, some how it brought the English version as well when I put that the Finnish does not show with urls where is /en.

Still, I can not change the English text. Can you support me how I can change the heading and the copytext? I can now find it in the Sting translation

Also, I can not find how I can localize the "Täytä tämä kenttä" when I try to send the form without an email address. I can not find it in the Stings.

Thank you in advance

July 17, 2019 at 2:35 pm #4231281

anniT-2

Sorry, it didn´t work technically, but I did it your way and it is now working.

But still need to assistance how to change that "Täytä tämä kenttä"

July 17, 2019 at 7:03 pm #4233051

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for updating me

when i visit the site i get the correct pop ups now in each language

you also mentioned "need to assistance how to change that "Täytä tämä kenttä"" where is this string located ?

July 18, 2019 at 8:41 am #4236039

anniT-2

Hi!

It´s appears when I click the "Lähetä" (=subscribe) button and the email is still missing. "Täytä tämä kenttä" means "Fill in the field".

July 19, 2019 at 4:02 am #4243771

Bobby
Supporter

I test this on my local environment

it seems that the string is coming from wp-content/plugins/wordpress-popup/inc/hustle-migration.php and /opt-in-static.php

the string is correctly wrapped in a gettext call (responsible for registering translations in String Translation ) and is picked up in String Translation but its translation will not show in the front end.

at the moment this seems to be a compatibility issue , i will be raising this to our compatibility team and update you once i have more news

July 19, 2019 at 6:20 pm #4247837

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

when i test this on my local environment i notice that the warning message is different that yours , i get the default "Please fill out all required fields." message, where on your page it seems to be javascript generated , how are you currently filling out the message :please fill out this field

July 23, 2019 at 9:12 am #4264445

anniT-2

Hi! Sorry for the delay. I haven´t write it all, it comes automatically. Can it be that it uses my browser language?

July 27, 2019 at 7:52 am #4292925

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

It seems that the plugin gets the strings too early which causes it to be displayed not translated

as a workaround please go to wp-content/plugins/wordpress-popup/inc/hustle-module-renderer.php line 1576 and change it to

esc_attr( __($message) )

i have test this with the default message for "Please fill out all required fields" and it worked as expected

The topic ‘[Closed] Hustle Pop-up sting translation’ is closed to new replies.