This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
June 14, 2019 at 11:18 am #4020799

marvinC-4

I am trying to:
When I open or click a hyperlink to another page within the site is jumps into english from croation? is there anyway of preventing this please?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

link goes to page with same language not change into another

Instead, I got:

(from croation to english)

June 14, 2019 at 2:49 pm #4022317

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

Could you please install the theme or plugin that makes this "jobseeker" page and replicate the problem in there.

I believe this is a compatibility issue between the theme/plugin and WPML and we need to check how to fix it.

Please once you install it, let me know if what makes this jobkeeper page (the bar with the 3 fields) is created by the theme or plugin and how does one configure it.

We need this information in order to find out the files that are creating this issue, which ultimately will help us try to find a fix for it.

The sandbox where you should replicate the problem is the following: hidden link

June 17, 2019 at 11:38 am #4034997

marvinC-4

Is there any easier way of working through this? I didn't built this site, I'm just looking after it and trying to maintain it for the owners....or is this process easy to complete?

Please advise.

June 17, 2019 at 4:19 pm #4036899

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

This process is needed in order to check if the problem is a compatibility issue and if it is we will contact the authors of the plugin/theme and let them know about it and probably give you both a fix for it.

I'm almost certain this is a compatibility issue so that's why i asked you to try to replicate the problem (which should be as easy as setting up the plugin or theme that handles this job seeker page)

it's not going to be a difficult issue/task for you to complete, so don't worry about it, just try to do it and i'm here to help yo out on anything WPML related. for the rest, you'll have to ask your clients or the devloper who did this, because unfortunately, we do not know how your site's built so it's very difficult if not impossible for us to determine what's going on with that part of your site.

Let me know how it goes.

The topic ‘[Closed] hyperlink not opening from the language expected?’ is closed to new replies.