Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yuri 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yuri.

Author Posts
March 29, 2016 at 6:37 pm #848008

markusH-14

I am trying to:
Set /de/ for my default language and /en/ for english. When I go to oneecoveganlife.com/de/ my homepage shows up. When I just type hidden link there is no redirect to the german default subdirectory /de/.

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see:

a redirect to hidden link

What do I have to do so it will redirect to /de/?
Instead, I got:

Warning: include(/de): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/344783_2380/oneecoveganlife/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/request-handling/redirection/wpml-rootpage-redirect-by-subdir.class.php on line 47

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/de' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /kunden/344783_2380/oneecoveganlife/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/request-handling/redirection/wpml-rootpage-redirect-by-subdir.class.php on line 47

Steps to duplicate the issue:

March 29, 2016 at 6:38 pm #848009

markusH-14

I forgot to say hallo and thank you for your help.

Cheers,
Markus

March 29, 2016 at 8:40 pm #848081

Yuri

Hi Markus, this issue is related to the configuration of languages to work within sub-directories. Let me point you to a thread on our forum that the client had the same issue.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/after-recent-updates-root-link-displays-blank-but-language-directories-work/

You can see in the top of the thread a short summary showing what steps to take to resolve this.

Let me know if everything runs ok.

Regards,
Yuri.

March 30, 2016 at 5:51 pm #849303

markusH-14

Hi Yuri,

thanks for the help and your reply. I created a root including this code:
<?php
/*
Template Name: Root redirect
*/
wp_redirect( home_url() );
exit;
?>

I also tried to use the correct language settings - see screenshot.

Right now the only result is that I do not get the error code anymore but instead receive a white page. Still no redirect to /de/

What am I doing wrong?

cheers,
Markus

March 31, 2016 at 3:31 am #849522

Yuri

Hi Markus, I believe that the forum thread I pointed you to was not clear on how to create the template page. This page must be created as a PHP file and not as a WordPress Page.

You should create the file locally in your machine and access your server via FTP (check with your server host to make sure you have credentials and that your server is configured accordingly). You would then have to send this file to the directory of your theme. From inspecting you site I gathered that the directory would be something close to "/wp-content/themes/zuki/".

Let me know how it goes and if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Yuri.

March 31, 2016 at 4:36 am #849538

markusH-14

Hi Yuri,

okay thank you now I understand. I created a php file and put it in the themes directory. Now it looks better but still there is problem

If you open hidden link some parts of the website show up but not all of them. If you open hidden link you see much more - also the URL stays hidden link and not hidden link
Any idea what I can do so it is forwarded to hidden link so everything will show up?

cheers,
Markus

p.s.: For the Homepage I use a static wordpress page where different widgets display parts of the content.

March 31, 2016 at 3:18 pm #850330

Yuri

Hi Markus, are the widgets you are using in the static page for the home translated? Are they WordPress standard or theme-specific?

Regards,
Yuri.

March 31, 2016 at 4:03 pm #850384

markusH-14

Hi Yuri,

the are theme-specific, see screenshot. The are not translated but it is the german version and they are displayed on hidden link.

cheers, Markus

April 4, 2016 at 3:59 am #852029

Yuri

HI Markus, would you mind providing me with temporary wp-admin and FTP access to your site so I can debug this further?

Also, would you grant me permission to use the Duplicator plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/duplicator) in your site? This will allow me to make a copy of your site and work/debug it locally without making any changes to your actual site.

Regards,
Yuri.

The topic ‘[Closed] I acitivated /de/ as default language subdirectory and /en/ as english translati’ is closed to new replies.