This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.91 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by giorgioA-4 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Tia.

Author Posts
March 3, 2016 at 10:26 am #828971

giorgioA-4

After updating WPML plugins the english text was copied automatically to the greek version. i cant replace it or delete it!

URL of (my) website where problem appears:hidden link

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Steps to duplicate the issue:

March 3, 2016 at 9:49 pm #829627

Tia

Hello. Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I am happy to help you with this.

Can you check to see if those strings are located in WPML > String Translation and if they appear unchecked or translated, etc.

March 3, 2016 at 10:05 pm #829636

giorgioA-4

Hi, i cant find the text in the strings. Please see the attached screenshot to locate the text fields where the text is inputted. These two fileds are used for the Title and subtitle of the page. The strange thing here is that when i replace the text with the correct language (Greek) and save, the text is automatically inverted to English! I cant even delete it! I delete the English text and save but the text is still there!!!

Thanks

March 3, 2016 at 11:05 pm #829659

Tia

Thank you, Giorgio. For text in the admin screens, go to:

WPML > String translation > Translate texts in admin screens (very bottom). It should be located in there and then after checked and saved it will be located in WPML > String translation.

If still not located, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.

The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

** IMPORTANT **

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If needed, I will be using a plugin called 'Duplicator' (https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator) to make a local copy of the website for testing purposes and/or Adminer (https://wordpress.org/plugins/adminer/) to inspect the database. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Do I have your permission to move forward with either Duplicator or Adminer, if needed?

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

March 4, 2016 at 8:48 am #829844

giorgioA-4

Hello Tia,

thank you for the reply but I am not quite following you.

The Page title and subtitle where not in the strings. i inputted greek in the greek page and english in the english page, in the text fields of each version Page Settings (see previous screenshot).

The problem arrise after updating WPML, the Page title and subtitle through out the Greek Version of site where automatically replaced with English. As you can see in the screenshot with the two homepages, the page title and subtitle are both in English, while the text on the body of the pages is correct (Greek in the Greek vesrion and Enlgish in the english version).

please take into cosnideration that page titles and subtitles where displayed correctly before the update!

if you browse throught the Greek site you can see that all Page titles and subtitles are in English!!

Thank you in advance

March 4, 2016 at 10:19 pm #830592

Tia

My mistake & apologies! I did not see the screenshot correctly and it appeared to be another screen.

Can you tell me if you already checked the following? This will help narrow down the issue:

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

A. Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

B. Minimal Set Up ( 1. All plugins except WPML disabled 2. and then Temporarily changing the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentyFifteen 3. then finally enable all plugins and disable all WPML related ).

C. If the issue is gone after Minimal Set Up steps above, activate each plugin one by one to find out which plugin is causing the issue.

Does the issue still persist when you do each step above?

Thank you in advance for the information above. This will help me come to a faster resolution.

March 5, 2016 at 10:22 am #830738

giorgioA-4

Hello Tia,

Will the theme’s settings get lost by temporarily changing the theme?

Thanks

March 5, 2016 at 1:20 pm #830782

giorgioA-4

Hello Tia,

i messaged the theme author and he advised me to use the translation management plugin to solve the issue.

Thank you for your support

November 8, 2017 at 8:16 pm #1425142

giorgioA-4

Hi, i need help on this issue. The custom fileds (header title and subtitle) are set to copy but the fields are not availbale fro transaltion. Thank you

October 25, 2018 at 8:13 am #2848939

giorgioA-4

Hi, please help me with this problem. Thank you