This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
August 13, 2019 at 11:32 am #4387399

mihirP

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to convert all pages and post in german and polish and English as a default language.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

August 13, 2019 at 4:45 pm #4389707

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. You can change the language of any page or post. First, unconnect the translations by going to the translation page and in the Languages box, where it says "This is a translation of", set the drop down to None. Then, go to the original page/post and you can change the language of the post.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

August 14, 2019 at 4:18 am #4392223

mihirP

i have done as you said but still i'm not getting language change.

When i'm clicking on plus icon i am getting new page but i'm getting total blank page.

if possible can you plz help me with one page translation so that i can do rest all

Please assist me ASAP.

August 14, 2019 at 5:03 am #4392437

mihirP

Also is it compulsory to purchase WPML translation management and WPML String Translation for translation?

Also i'm using avada wordpress theme.

August 14, 2019 at 12:29 pm #4394803

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

If I understand correctly, you would like to copy the content from your original page to the translated page. To do this, instead of clicking "+", check the box to Duplicate the page. This will copy all of the content, and then when you want to translate the page, you can click the pencil icon to edit the translation and click "Translate Independently".

You can bulk duplicate pages at WPML -> Translation Management, but that will only be an option once you have activated the Translation Management add on. There is no way to automatically translate the pages for you.

In order to translate the strings of your theme, you will need to activate the String Translation add-on.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.