This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
August 12, 2019 at 12:44 pm #4380865

triloks

I am trying to: using string translate for yoast seo translation but when i translate english translation itself change to other language.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: My english contant change to other language in string translation used.

Instead, I got: I am using default english language and when i try to translate string to other language my english contant change.

August 12, 2019 at 9:49 pm #4383809

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

was the string originally picked in English showing English or was it always a non English string just scanned under the English language by mistake ?

please go to WPML->Theme and Plugins localization -> and let me know if " Assume that the original language of all strings is English" is enabled.

also you can select the string within String Translation and then click on the button to "change default language of selected strings" , set it to a different language or the appropriate language and then you should be able to make your translations
(make sure the above option is deactivated first )

August 13, 2019 at 12:18 am #4383959

triloks

hidden link

Please find a snapshot of this theme and plugin -- localization option. I have enabled English string as default.

[removed]

Please find our website login detail. It will be better to solve this issue fast.

Please check and confirm.
Thank you

August 13, 2019 at 1:16 am #4384041

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

please note that the forum is public and i have removed your access details

1. You need to go to WPML->Theme and Plugins localization=> uncheck the option " Assume that the original language of all strings is English" as not all your strings are in English by default.

2. Go to WPML -> String Translation-> Find the strings in question and select them

ex. " Wir sind top Benutzerdefinierte%%term_title%% Schmuck Hersteller. Wir akzeptieren Sonderanfertigungen für %%focuskw%% und bieten den besten Großhandelspreis"

click on "change the language of selected strings" , type German and click "enter" on the keyboard , this will reload the page and then you will be able to add your translation in English

August 14, 2019 at 10:36 am #4394193

triloks

I have followed the step given by you. I tought it worked but today i have translated again [wpseo_titles]metadesc-tax-product_cat string but again english change other other language and before it was english language showing english content.

Please check snapshot.
hidden link

August 14, 2019 at 5:44 pm #4396945

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

please provide me with your access details again as the previous ones are no longer working

August 14, 2019 at 9:58 pm #4397769

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details !

unfortunately i am not able to access the backend with the above credentials please verify them and update me here once ready, i have enabled the private field reply

As we try to keep each ticket to 1 issue if possible please open a new thread for the broken links issue.

August 15, 2019 at 6:30 pm #4403035

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

the setup on your site looks correct so far

I am not quite sure i fully understand the issue.

1. Is this issue you are experiencing happening when you translate the strings within WPML String Translation?

ex. you have the wp-yoast admin string "Hello" and when you add translation then the string changes to one of the translated strings within WPML String Translation ?

if that is the case if possible please provide me with a screencast of this happening as i am not able to reproduce it and i want to make sure i am doing all the correct steps in reproducing it.

2. Or is this issue , that when you look for certain strings they are picked up under English but show the wrong language if yes then please follow my instructions bellow :

the strings in question are admin strings, admin strings are strings that are added by the admin and are not defined in a .mo file therefore it is expected sometimes for them to be picked up under your site's default language.

you can safely select all of them and change their language as shown in my previous reply

August 15, 2019 at 6:49 pm #4403051

triloks

1. Is this issue you are experiencing happening when you translate the strings within WPML String Translation?
Yes, I face an issue when i think particular yoast seo string translate. I put metal titile and description in yoast in english and then i come to update that meta title and description to another language. First, i show my English content in English and by help to English content i translate to other languages. When i mark as completed translate. Some of the translation goes wrong and like Spanish or french replace to english default content. Like you can see example.
hidden link
From the beginning yoast not working properly. I have checked content not showing that belong to language.

August 16, 2019 at 1:08 am #4403873

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the details !

i was able to see the issue and i am currently investigating it, additionally i have also notified our developers in case there is a known issue

i will update you once i have news

August 19, 2019 at 6:46 pm #4418541

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

we have taken a look in this issue and will need to escalate it to our compatibility team

please verify your access details as we no longer have access to the site as we will need to migrate it to our cloudways staging servers in order for our compatibility team to test this without affecting your live site as we have not been able to reproduce on a clean environment

The topic ‘[Closed] I am trying to translate string for yoast seo’ is closed to new replies.