This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
April 18, 2019 at 4:18 pm #3640745

georginaW-2

I need to solve this updating issue, but to be honest... I am so, so busy, I just do not have the time for all these workarounds again and again...

April 18, 2019 at 4:36 pm #3640825

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Are you getting any kind of error when you try to update? Typically if your site is registered, there should be no problem with automatically updating via the dashboard, but sometimes server settings can get in the way. If you are unable to update in the dashboard, ask your hosting provider to check the server logs to see if any errors are showing there.

In the meantime, please try to to do a manual update by following these steps:

1. Ensure that you have a full backup for the site.

2. Log in to your WPML.org account and go to the Downloads section. Download the WPML components that you need. You will receive a ZIP file for each one of WPML’s components.

3. Deactivate the current WPML version that you are using. Be sure to deactivate WPML and all its components. Otherwise, the installation files may be locked and not writeable. Don’t worry, your translations are not going to be modified.

4. Delete the plugin, so that you can install the new version. Note: if you cannot delete from inside WordPress, use an FTP program to delete the folders of WPML and its components from wp-content/plugins.

5. In the WordPress admin, go to Plugins -> Add New -> Upload and upload the ZIP files that you downloaded. Alternatively, if you cannot upload plugins directly to WordPress, unzip each file. A directory will be created. Then upload the unzipped directories to your site’s ‘wp-contents/plugins’ directory and overwrite the existing folders for WPML and its components.

6. Log in to your site, go to Plugins and activate WPML core first and then its components.

April 21, 2019 at 3:39 pm #3652765

georginaW-2

No, getting the errors many others get: "Update Failed: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature" and "Update Failed: Download failed. Not Found".

April 22, 2019 at 12:51 pm #3655753

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

The topic ‘[Closed] I am trying to update. I always loved WPML, but this is horror!!’ is closed to new replies.