This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
April 29, 2019 at 10:05 am #3701973

khaja-mohammedJ

Tell us what you are trying to do?

i want to implement Arabic language switcher in the word press website i have rtl css files with me.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

no i dont follow any

Is there a similar example that we can see?

i dont have any example

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

April 29, 2019 at 10:42 am #3702209

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

I lost the connection with you.

Please let me know how can i help or open a new chat if you find it more comfortable. i'll gladly help you out.

Let me know.

April 29, 2019 at 11:08 am #3702533

khaja-mohammedJ

I want help in installing english as default and arabic language to my website.

April 29, 2019 at 2:52 pm #3704651

khaja-mohammedJ

I tried to make it work but all the design has issue i am using a themeforest wordpress theme they said it supprt wpml and they included a rtl.css file

I want to run the website in arabic and english language.

Soif you can help me set it up it would be a great help.

April 30, 2019 at 6:32 am #3708187

Alejandro
Supporter

Could you send me some screenshots of the things you would like to fix so I can take a look at them?

Please know that if the problem is with the styling i may not be able to help since that is considered custom coding and it goes beyond the scope of this support (plus, that's really the theme's territory) , but I can still try to help you out.

Let me know please so I can see what can be done.

April 30, 2019 at 11:04 am #3710535

khaja-mohammedJ

I have just installed the wpml plugin and i dont know how to get started thats why i need your help.

April 30, 2019 at 2:57 pm #3712609

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello,

I recorded a video so you can see what you can do with WPML where i also explain a few things that are good to know. --> hidden link

The theme doesn't seem to be WPML compatible yet i see it can work with it, it just means that some features might not work as expected or they won't work at all.

- I suggest that you try to first talk with your developer/theme author so he can get in touch with us and make the theme compatible free of charge by filling the following form:
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

- I also suggest you read our getting started guide so you know how the plugin works and what you can do with it: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/ (you can also find an arabic version in that link)

- If you want to add the language switcher somewhere else on your theme, then you can use our WPML shortcode and handle its customization through WPML > Language > Custom Language Switcher: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-coding-api/shortcodes/

I hope that helps you get started, if you need to add anything in your theme, then please ask your developer about it or in case you're the developer, make a backup first and read this documentation about the things you should know: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/

Regards.

April 30, 2019 at 5:18 pm #3713865

khaja-mohammedJ

I do not want woocommerce support but i want the theme to just translate the basic pages of the website. So basically what i want is a switcher to work fine and the css for arabic is rtl.css in which i will make basic changes if any.

In arabic languagethe css it should use is rtl.css

April 30, 2019 at 5:21 pm #3713867

khaja-mohammedJ

The site is live and i have no problem if you can take a backup of the theme file and just set for me the switcher. with arabic and english language. you can copy same content of english in arabic language which i will change later. if you want ftp access here it is.

| Domain: noorabakhit.com
| Ip: 67.209.121.93 (n)
| HasCgi: n
| UserName: noorabakhit
| PassWord: Hameed@123

April 30, 2019 at 5:25 pm #3713925

khaja-mohammedJ

The last step in the video can you keep it like that. pretty much solved the problem except the header menu which should start from right (home, about us and all other menu.)

i will try to follow the steps and get it all done.

thanks.

May 2, 2019 at 12:44 pm #3724621

Alejandro
Supporter

Hi, i left the footer menu as it was on the video, that way you can start using it for now.

Let me know how it goes now and don't hesitate to ask if you need help with anything else.

Regards.