This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
June 2, 2020 at 8:39 am #6271861

annikaN-2

Tell us what you are trying to do? I shall go live with the webshop in Woocommerce and I built it in English because it was easier for me but now I want to change the order of the language so Greek is the main. Is this a problem, can I just change the order of the languages?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

June 2, 2020 at 2:20 pm #6275183

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

It's possible to change the default language using the steps below:
- Backup the website (important)
- Go to WPML > Languages > Site Language
- Click on "Change default language"
- Select the language, check the "Got it" box then save

Keep in mind that this can cause some content to disappear if you use the "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to the original language" mode. Please check this link for more details: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

Please backup the website first. This way you can revert if anything goes wrong.

Please let us know if it worked for you.

June 3, 2020 at 7:07 am #6280087

annikaN-2

Hi,
Thank you for your answer and I'm working on it but the backup take for ever so just wanted to tell you that so you don't wonder. Will be back and tell you when everything is in place and hopefully works fine.

Annika

June 3, 2020 at 9:21 am #6281309

annikaN-2

Now I'm done and I see...

1.That the filter for colors doesn't work in the greek version and some other in the filter Product Filter for WooCommerce I fixed that

2. The language switcher disappeared but that's easy

3. The shop page doesn't show something in English and thought I maybe need to translate it again but when I click to do that I end up on the page not in the translator and saved it but doesn't still show up with something on the page. I had also updated permalinks but didn't help

4. In the footer on the English pages the Our policy links go to the greek page?

5. I think the problem with some english parts is the links hidden link which now should be hidden link which has change in the menu but not like in the widget and on pages so is there away to fix this, search replace plugin is not that good here because how can you replace corect.

I would be very thankful if you could help you and I can provide a login to wp-admin but I don't know if this conversation is private?

Thanks,
Annika

It seems it's something with the pages

June 3, 2020 at 11:41 am #6282875

annikaN-2

I also see that I can't quick edit the products in greek because it says that translations is locked for quick edit and need to be handle via translation management so can I do something about this or it going be like this?

Thanks,
Annika

June 3, 2020 at 12:42 pm #6283709

annikaN-2

It got to messy so I put it back to english again, even the stockmanager was totaly up side down

June 3, 2020 at 3:46 pm #6285355

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

It is expected that it will be necessary to make some adaptations, so it is important to test first in a testingenvironment. E.g. the URL's will change so it is necessary to regenerate the permalinks in Settings> permalinks. You may also need to change the URL for some links if you use absolute URLs.

Some problems can also be related to theme options, depending on the theme.

Regarding the quick edit on products, unfortunately it's only possible to do this on original products (it work like this to keep the syncronization). For translations, you need to use the translation editor.

I saw that you decided to revert to the original settings, so the ticket seems to be resolved for now. If you need more help please let me know.

Kind regards,
Diego