This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 8, 2018 at 2:51 pm #2034635

gurkanA

Tell us what you are trying to do?

1. I am trying to add language switcher to navigation menu. But I can not do it. I need help.
2. I translated the content in 4 languages.
To try, I added Language Switcher into the Footer from Widgets menu.
But, when I click on different language, it takes me to a different page and the visual design dissapears.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
- I checked your tutorial about Beaver Builder but it didn't help.

What is the link to your site?

- hidden link
If necessary I can give you the admin panel access.

May 9, 2018 at 12:58 am #2042230

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

To add the language switcher to a menu you can do this by going to WPML->Languages->Add menu language switcher

verify that you are adding the language switcher to the correct menu.

Also regarding the layout of your homepage, how did you add the transaltions ?

a lot of times i recommend to "duplicate" the plage in order to keep the layout the same and then add the translations after.

are you using the WPML Translation Editor or Standard WP editor ?

May 9, 2018 at 7:40 am #2045109

gurkanA

Hello Bobby,

Thank you for your answer. As I see from your tutorials for Beaver Builder, I don't need to duplicate any of the pages. Please take a look at the guide and let me know what do you think. And yes I am using WPML Translation Editor.

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/beaver-builder/

May 9, 2018 at 4:59 pm #2058463

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

thank you, i am aware of the documentation. At the moment we are re-designing the WPML Translation Editor for our next release most likely, but if possible please try to just duplicate your page first that way the layout can transfer completly and let me know your results.

Or what you can try at the moment is the following.

go to your default language page and click on "edit"
within the standard WP editor(page builder view) , use the language switcher in the header and switch to the secondary language.
(continue past the warning)

now compare the two page builder versions and make sure that your settings are the same for both regarding styling.

this is common when page builders are involved.

May 10, 2018 at 9:18 am #2068358

gurkanA

Thank you Bobby. I managed the enter translations. Now my problem is the location of language switcher. Using widgets are destroying the design (Except it is in the Footer now to show functionality). How can I manage to locate it on the top or into the navigation menu?

You can take a look at the current version:
hidden link

Best Regards.

May 10, 2018 at 5:58 pm #2077879

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

What are your results if you go to WPML->Languages->Menu language switcher and add it as a menu switcher rather than a widget ?

are you trying to place it next to your menu item "Kontakt" or above the menu ?

if you would like to place it above the menu please review the following documentation on custom locations for the switcher

=> https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/#custom-locations

The topic ‘[Closed] I can not integrate WPML to my website which is built by Beaver Builder’ is closed to new replies.