This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 3, 2019 at 5:51 pm #3737311

goodok

My issue is that when I click the "home" button, I can not move to home page (front page)

when you see the German page, there is a drag and drop button for multi-language.

If the customers come to visit the German site, and they move to front page again

they would click "home" button, but page does not go to home written in English

it stay there as German site.

in other words, hidden link ->www.com (as a hompage)

but it moves hidden link ->www.com/de

above site is not mine just an example

May 3, 2019 at 10:52 pm #3738267

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

For being of better help, can you please provide you WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Meanwhile, please go to your .htaccess file and share its contents with me (screenshot would work)

If i understand correctly when you go to your site it redirects to the DE version ? if i am not able to see this live as the site is under development if possible please share a screencast of this issue as well so i can get a better understanding

May 4, 2019 at 7:32 pm #3740925

goodok

My issue is that I can not move to "home" page when I am in other language site like "German" page. Even though I click "home" (front) button, I have to stay "German" page

May 4, 2019 at 7:33 pm #3740927

goodok

I attached debug information

May 6, 2019 at 5:09 pm #3751369

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

As a test go to WPML->Languages->Add footer language switcher.

what are your results with a footer language switcher ?

additionally within your wp_options table please let me know if both HomeURL and SiteURL are filled in correctly.

if the issue continues with the footer language switcher and both fields in the database are filled in correctly i would like to take a closer look if possible

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

The topic ‘[Closed] I can not move to front (home) page’ is closed to new replies.