This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Izzi Hassan 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
September 23, 2019 at 9:05 am #4621869

martijnV-21

I am trying to update this plugin:
- sitepress-multilingual-cms
- wpml-string-translation
- wpml-translation-management

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
From the dashboard I don't see the option to update it. I installed Query Monitor plug-in to see if the HTTP API calls are blocked. The HTTP calls are not blocked from the website.

I expected to see:
I expect to update the plugins. I get a message in the WP dashboard that the website will not function properly.

Instead, I got:

September 23, 2019 at 10:50 am #4622495

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Martijn,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Updating WPML plugins from the WordPress admin panel should work for all registered versions of WPML. You can test this by following the steps below:

• Go to Plugins -> Add New
  • Click on the “Commercial” tab
  • Click on “Check for Updates”, in the “WPML - The WordPress Multilingual Plugin” section

If you don’t see “Check for Updates”, or you hit an error while checking for updates, there might be a problem with your Registration Key. Please try the following steps to generate a new key and enable it on your site:

• Go to WPML.org and log into your account
  • Go to https://wpml.org/account/sites
  • Find the key for the site you want to update, and delete it
  • Create a new key by clicking “Add new site”
  • Click “show key” and copy your new key
  • Go back to your website’s plugins page and click “Add New”, then click on the “Commercial” tab
  • Here, you can click on the “Unregister WPML from this site” link to remove your old key
  • Once the page refreshes, you will need to click the “Register WPML” button
  • Enter your new key in the dialog box that appears and then click “Check for Updates”

You might find the following video helpful:
hidden link

Here’s the documentation for installing and updating WPML:
https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/

September 24, 2019 at 8:45 am #4629215

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Martijn,

Do let us know if you were able to get automatic updates to work. I will keep this ticket open until we hear from you.

The topic ‘[Closed] I can not update 3 addon plugin’ is closed to new replies.