This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 11, 2019 at 9:11 am #4187725

walter-arielM

Hi there,

I can not upload/save images to Product Gallery (woocommerce)in the translation.

I have a product page: hidden link

This page is a translation.

Problem is that I only can upload images to "Product Gallery" in the original language, but I can't upload image images to Product Gallery in the translation.

Take a look a this 30secs video: hidden link

Let me know if you need admin credentials.

July 11, 2019 at 1:50 pm #4190443

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

According to your debug information, I can see that you have outdated versions of WPML, all its add-ons and WooCommerce multilingual - can you update these plugins first? As for your question, it is possible and I have just tested this on my local installation by following this:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/need-to-show-different-product-images-in-both-languages/#post-1315311

Let me show you the results (see images).

However, there is one thing that could decide whether WPML function will work or not - I think that this is dependent upon the "_product_image_gallery" custom field setting. If you set it is to Copy for example, it will always synchronize the gallery between the original and the translation.

However, if you set "don't translate", I am able to modify these galleries as I wish on each of the languages. You could control this field by clicking "Show system fields" when on the product and then clicking "apply" at the bottom (also see my images).

Let me know if this works for you (once you have updated the plugins of course, because new versions of WooCommerce and WooCommerce multilingual introduced some new features, but also fixed some important bugs).

Regards,
Bruno Kos