This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
July 25, 2019 at 1:04 am #4278053

gaos

hello, i can not use advanced translation editor for the sites.Last time i communication with you for the site "www.gsindusty.cn"; till now we also can not use advanced translation editor.
this is a new site, use avada theme, i have update all plugins.
This is really frustrating, I think I need your help.
In the past time I used wpml absolutely easy to use, But now I feel that it is really difficult to use your service.
Please help me, thanks.

July 25, 2019 at 2:41 am #4278473

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML!

First of all, please make sure your server meets all the requirements for running WPML:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

From the debug information, I see that you need to update your MySQL version as well increase WP Memory Limit.

Now, switch to a default theme like TwentyNineeten and disable all plugins WPML and addons. Does it work now? If so, please activate plugins one by one to see if any of them are causing the issue.

If you need help with activating the advanced editor, please follow the instructions here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/activating-the-advanced-translation-editor/

More information on the advanced editor can be found here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/

Let me know if you have any questions.

July 29, 2019 at 2:04 am #4296289

gaos

hello, thanks for you reply.
i have delete all plugins, and the my sql 5.5.6 is ok for me to use advanced translation editor. for example, my other site hidden link is ok. this site is on the same service.
so, please tell me, what's the reason of this happened.
thanks

July 29, 2019 at 2:05 am #4296293

gaos

can i provide the wp site's login url&username&password to you?
can you debug this for me?
thank you very much.

July 31, 2019 at 7:10 am #4312021

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

Can you please provide WordPress login details to your site? I've marked your next reply as private so that only you and I have access to it.

Best,

July 31, 2019 at 10:21 pm #4317753

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for providing the details.

I checked your site and was able to add a new page and translate it using Advanced Translation Editor.

If you created those translations using Classic Translation Editor, you have to choose another option to enable Advanced Translation Editor.

Please go to WPML - Settings - How to translate posts and pages - Content that was created with WPML's Classic Translation Editot and choose - Switch to using Advanced Translation Editor. Note that this might make your old translations unusable.

If you really need to use the Advanced Editor, please give that a try and let me know if you have any questions.

August 3, 2019 at 2:43 am #4333263

gaos

hello, sir.
thanks for you support.
i checked my site's page, the test page from you build can use advanced translator editor
but the page i have build also can not advanced translator editor
can you help me find the reason or try to translate one page i build.
really need you help, thank you very much

August 5, 2019 at 9:37 pm #4343131

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

If you created the page using Classic Translation Editor, you would have to enable the option I mentioned on last reply to get ATE.

Please note that if you do so, your old translations maybe unusable.

Let me know if you have any questions.