If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I can't delete some translation jobs in WPML > Translation Management

Solution: Please make sure they are not assigned to another translator. If they are, please ask the translator to access WPML > Translations and click on "resign". Then the translation manager will be able to delete the translation job in WPML > Translation Management > Translation jobs

Relevant Documentation:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by matthiasK-46 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
June 13, 2019 at 3:28 pm #4014587

matthiasK-46

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to delete translation jobs at WPML -> Translation Management -> Translation Jobs. However all crosses are shown greyed and the bulk action does not work as well.
The jobs I want to delete are not completed, their status is on "Waiting for Translator" resp. "Needs an update". There are only local translators. Even the jobs that I have send to myself can not been deleted.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-delete-items-in-translations-queue/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
dsa1896.gr (still under construction and the directory is protected with .htaccess

June 13, 2019 at 4:02 pm #4015301

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please create a full website backup and then try the solution from the ticket below:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cannot-delete-translation-jobs/

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

June 14, 2019 at 6:25 am #4018709

matthiasK-46

Hi Mihai,

I reset the professional translation state as described in that ticket but the problem remains. I still cannot delete the translation jobs.

Any further suggestions?

BR
Matthias

June 14, 2019 at 4:12 pm #4022987

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for the information.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

June 17, 2019 at 12:27 pm #4035301

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello, my name is Alejandro.

Since Mihai currently has a few days off, I will replace him here in the forum, in the meantime.
I hope this is OK with you.

This problem you're facing usually happens when a translator has taken the job, in that case, you can't cancel it because it has already been taken.

You or your translators should be able to "resign" from the job by going to WPML > Translations

In there you can look for the translation you want to cancel and see if you (or your translators) can resign from it.

Once resigned, you should be able to go to WPML > Translation Management again, then go to the "translation job" tab and find and cancel the translation.

Let me know how it goes and if you need further help.

June 17, 2019 at 1:55 pm #4035913

matthiasK-46

Hi Alejandro,

as you can see from the screenshot in my first entry the translation jobs list contains lines which are not assigned to any translator (Status: Waiting for translator). Example: ID 160. Those can not be cancelled.

Furthermore you can see a job (ID 161) that is assigned to a local translator, who has not yet accepted the job. According your documentation it should be possible to cancel also those jobs.

I am looking forward to your reply.

BR
Matthias

June 17, 2019 at 4:50 pm #4037329

Alejandro
Supporter

I see, there is a problem indeed because even if i assign it to myself and then delete it, it still doesn't allow me to delete it.

My question now is: have you ever tried to translate that page, even by going to pages > name of the page > translate from there?

In the meantime, let's try to check if there's an issue in there by following the instructions mentioned on this page: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Try to recreate the problem once you have added those lines to your wp-config.php file and then go to your installation's wp-content folder and find the "debug.log" file that should've appeared by now (it will appear if it enocunters an error in your server).

Then, upload that file into a storage platform of your choosing (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc) and send me the link (make sure it's set as "public" otherwise i won't be able to access its content) so i can download it and take a look at it, and determine where to go from there.

let me know how it goes.

June 17, 2019 at 6:26 pm #4037769

matthiasK-46

Hi Alejandro,

I switched on debugging as described and did the following steps:

1. I selected an untranslated page.
2. I added that page to the translation basket.
3. I choose a local translator and send the page for translation.
4. That page is shown in the jobs list. The cancellation cross is greyed despite the local translator has not yet accepted the job.
5. The translator rejects the job.
6. The translation manager still cannot cancel the job.

Unfortunately the log-file does not show problems related to WPML.

You will find screenshots for every step as well as the log-file in my cloud. Please provide me with a private box so that I can send you your credentials.

BR
Matthias

June 19, 2019 at 10:27 am #4050671

Alejandro
Supporter

Hi,

Please add the link where it says "duplicator package" or "database dump".

Regards.

June 20, 2019 at 4:14 pm #4061425

Alejandro
Supporter

Hi there, can you check now?

I can see jobs that couldn't be cancelled before as cancellable so the ones that can't be cancelled yet are probably being assigned to someone, so resign the job and you should be able to cancel them now.

We sent a message yo our development team to make them aware of this issue because it seems like a bug on our end.

By searching for "Local" in the "WPML-translation-management" domain (in WPML > String Translation), you will be able to translate that string into the other languages, set all of them as "Local" and save it as complete.

Regards.

June 21, 2019 at 5:34 am #4064731

matthiasK-46

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!