No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas Karlsdorfer 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
May 22, 2019 at 12:07 pm #3865097

Andreas Karlsdorfer

What are you trying to translate?
Pages of our wordpress website with WPML plugin
What are you seeing? (please include a screenshot)
When i click on the pencil to edit German translation I am redirected to another page, which is not the tranlation page of the page that I clicked on.
What's missing or not working for you?
I want to edit translations, and I cannot at the moment. I can create new ones, but cannot edit existing ones, although I have the access rights.

May 22, 2019 at 1:31 pm #3866179

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello Andreas,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

According to your screenshots, you shouldn't have any issue translating your site. However, this forum is intended for how to questions, and it seems that the issue that you are experiencing is beyond that and it is more a technical problem, maybe a compatibility issue.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/accounts-for-wpml-end-users/

We committed with the site developer that this forum is only for that and we won't mess his development, So, for this kind of questions, you should ask your developer (license owner) to open a ticket in the technical forum.

Best regards,
Andrés

May 23, 2019 at 2:06 pm #3876323

Andreas Karlsdorfer

Dear Andrés, I still dont know what to do, so I would appreciate more explanation.Our company is the administrator of the website, it was created by our ex-colleauge, and there were no problems like that in the past. I investigated the account a bit more and I can edit pages with + sign, with gear icon, and with the refresh icon, I cannot edit the pages with the pencil icon. How can I solve this problem?

May 23, 2019 at 2:10 pm #3876389

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hey Andreas,

I'm afraid I can't help you further on this forum. Your license is under @stefanieg-5 name. Please contact him and ask him to open a ticket in our technical forum.

Thank you for your understanding.
Andrés

May 23, 2019 at 2:51 pm #3877181

Andreas Karlsdorfer

I found this solution on your forum, but the mentioned menus dont exist: Please go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup and switch to Manual Translation instead of using the Translation Editor (this setting is in the first section). Now, when an editor clicks the pencil icon, it opens the page in the native WordPress page editor and the editor can make changes without needing the translation to be assigned.

Maybe there was an update of WPML and you put this menu somewhere else, can you please tell me where I can set it. Stefanie was the colleague who created the website, she does not work here any more and she does not know the answer. where is your technical forum how can I contact them?

May 23, 2019 at 3:23 pm #3877413

Andreas Karlsdorfer

My issue is resolved now.