This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gloria-veronicaA 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
November 28, 2019 at 10:48 pm

gloria-veronicaA

Good evening,

I scanned the website for these strings:
- Infant 0-3-year-old
- Children 4-10-year-old

Actually, I did find and translate both strings but there must be some other strings to translate in order to let it appear correctly on the website. Please, let me know where is the problem. See attached files as an explanation. Thanks.

November 29, 2019 at 1:40 pm #5043561

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I used our "Auto register strings for translation" feature from the bottom of the WPML > String Translation page and after I visited the front-end page, that found the right strings field.

Then I went back to WPML > String Translated and searched again for the strings and the new field was showing up.

Now all you need to do is to translate the new fields (I will attach some screenshots, too).

Please confirm that it works well on your end, too. 🙂

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

November 29, 2019 at 3:30 pm #5044437

gloria-veronicaA

I did and it works. However, I read this about "Auto register strings for translation":
* This function is intended exclusively for sites under development. It will significantly slow down the site, but it will allow you to find the strings that WPML is unable to detect in the PHP code. Will it affect in any way the speed of the site? Thanks

November 29, 2019 at 4:31 pm #5044953

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Yes, it is not recommended to be left active.

Just use like this:

1. activate it
2. go to the page where there are the strings that can't be found
3. refresh the page
4. go to WPML > String Translation and see if the strings are there now if you search for them
5. go back and deactivate the option

So I just used it and then disabled it 🙂

I hope that this answers your question.

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 29, 2019 at 5:56 pm #5045367

gloria-veronicaA

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!