This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
August 7, 2019 at 7:42 pm #4357917

toniS-9

I am trying to translate Elementor headers to appear on the different language versions of the pages. I have also tried to make the headers in Generate Press - but they did not work with WPML. If you know a work around for Generate Press headers, I would be very interested.

This is not a bug. I looked in string translation - how do I use the filters to get to the templates or the Generate Press Headers?

hidden link

August 7, 2019 at 8:47 pm #4358195

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support!

You need make the theme options translateable in order to translate from String Translations. Please follow the instructions on this page to make the header elements translateable:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/#translating-the-theme-options

Let me know if you have any questions!

August 12, 2019 at 11:47 am #4380431

toniS-9

Now that the theme options are marked as translatable, they appear on the WPML->String Translation page. You translate them just like any other strings.

I do not understand. Is there a video tutorial on how to translate strings and how to find the strings I need to translate? Also - I am keen to learn how to do this with the Generate Press Headers...

August 12, 2019 at 12:05 pm #4380517

toniS-9

I found this: hidden link
How does it work with Generate Press Headers?

August 13, 2019 at 5:30 am #4385093

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I would like to request your WordPress login details to debug the issue. I've marked your next reply as private.

August 21, 2019 at 7:09 am #4428399

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I checked couple of tickets in GeneratePress forum as well, you should be able to translate the elements just like any other post types.

Go to Appearance - Elements - Look for language flags and click plus button for that language.

I also noticed that you have already translated "CalendarHeader" which is switching templates based on language on frontend as well.

Can you please let me know which template/element you are having problem with?

August 30, 2019 at 12:45 pm #4487241

toniS-9

This is just NOT working for me. I looked at this tutorial: hidden link - it is from 2017 and I do not see these screens - the screen I get is very complicated.

The biggest problem for me is that the dashboard switches to Hebrew (the default language) when I am working on the back end - so I cannot even read it enough to know what is there. My admin user is set for English - how can I get the dash to stay in English when I am working on the site?

So, here is what I need: How to translate the Headers AND how to keep the dashboard in English when I am working on the Hebrew (default) site.

August 30, 2019 at 1:03 pm #4487329

toniS-9

DASHBOARD IN ENGLISH ISSUE:
I just found this antique You Tube video: hidden link
Of course, everything is so changed in WPML - I cannot figure this out. FYI - I did edit my user profile - but it shifts back to the default language (Hebrew) whenever I go to the Hebrew pages to make changes. Please help.

August 31, 2019 at 4:53 am #4490183

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

As I mentioned before, the elements in GeneratePress are custom post type and can be translated like any other post types.

If it is not working for you, I suggest you to leave the rules empty and use the code given here:
hidden link

In order to make sure the admin language is set to English, please follow the instructions here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/setting-the-wordpress-administration-language/

Note that you would need to set admin language to English as well as make sure Editing Language option on Users - Your Profile is unchecked.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

September 2, 2019 at 8:16 pm #4499929

toniS-9

DASHBOARD LANGUAGE
Rajeeb, I just tried read the instructions for the dashboard language if it is different from the default language. One puzzling part was the second part where it recommends if default language is RTL tic "Set admin language as editing language." Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Perhaps that is why my dashboard keeps going to Hebrew. Is there a workaround to that? Or shall I just leave it untic-ed? I will test it that way and hope for the best.

HEADERS PROBLEM
Your suggestion - from Tom's post (Generate Press) - I don't know how to do that. Where does that code go? How is that implemented? Is it worth it - or is it better to make Headers in Elementor? Or can I expect the same problem if I use Elementor?

September 4, 2019 at 3:49 pm #4512649

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Our apologies for the late reply. Rajeeb was not available this week, and we missed the tickets assigned to him.

Dashboard language
I suppose you have resolved this. It is actually not happening for the user you provided. As you can see in the attached image, I was in the Hebrew site, and all the admin area was in English.

Headers problem
I suppose you want to have the logo in left for English and Russian! Please elaborate more on this issue, I am sorry, I did not understand what's the issue.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal

The topic ‘[Closed] I cannot find where to translate Elementor templates’ is closed to new replies.