Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Issues with Post Type Slug Translation

Solution:It worked after resaving the Slug Translation options, Slug Translation and Permalink settings

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by massimoS-6 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
October 23, 2016 at 8:29 am #1121032

massimoS-6

Hello,

you can check this link: hidden link

the slug "recipe" I tried to translate, it should be "recipes" in English and "rezepte" in German (main language). The problem is that I translated it using string translation, using taxonomy translation, I even tried with custom post type translation....but there's nothing to do, that slug comes from somewhere else, I don't know where I should translate it.

Can you tell me where I can go to translate that slug?

Thank you!
Max

October 24, 2016 at 11:11 am #1121565

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support. We are happy to help you.

How you are created this Custom Post Type *recipes*. Is it a part of your theme ? If possible please share the code you are using to create this custom post type. So, I can try it in my local installations.

--
With Regards

Bigul

October 24, 2016 at 12:04 pm #1121626

massimoS-6

Hi Bigul,

it's inside the theme. It's a theme for recipes.

October 24, 2016 at 3:27 pm #1121847

Bigul
Supporter

Hi ,

Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access your Dashboard for further checking. Check the following links for more details about private information sharing.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Also, can I make a duplicator copy of your site using Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue in my local.

--
With Regards

Bigul

October 25, 2016 at 1:35 pm #1122657

Bigul
Supporter

Hi ,

Thank you for the log in information. Few questions for the better understanding. Please confirm.

1) Why you have not selected *Translate Custom Posts slug* option now ?

2) Default slug for *Recipes* post type is *recipe* ?

3) You are using custom *rezepte* slug for *Recipes* from Settings>>Permalinks

--
With Regards

Bigul

October 25, 2016 at 1:46 pm #1122678

massimoS-6

Sorry, that was changed after I sent you the support request.
But the situation was the same before, let me put everything back to where it was.

October 25, 2016 at 1:49 pm #1122685

Bigul
Supporter

Hi ,

It is okay. No problems. I will make a duplicator copy and will check it my local soon. Please wait.

--
With Regards

Bigul

October 25, 2016 at 1:59 pm #1122697

massimoS-6

Ok now it is how it was when I asked for help. I don't know where to edit that Recipes custom types as it came with the theme.

October 25, 2016 at 2:23 pm #1122724

Bigul
Supporter

Hi ,

Sorry, I am getting server error while creating Duplicator package(check attached image for more details). If possible please try to create a duplicator package for me. You can exclude *Meida* files and *upload* & *cache* directory(you can proceed with my present selections in duplicator settings). Please check following tutorials for learning more about Duplicator plugin.

hidden link

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/screenshots/

If the issue existing for you also, please share me the FTP and DB Dump. So I can replicate it with your files and DB backup.

--
With Regards

Bigul

October 26, 2016 at 6:26 am #1123139

Bigul
Supporter

Hi ,

Thank you for creating duplicator package for me. I have just downloaded it and will debug it soon. Please wait.

--
With Regards

Bigul

October 26, 2016 at 6:27 am #1123140

massimoS-6

Hi there Bigul!
The issue seems solved, can you tell me where the problem was???

Thanks a lot!
Max

October 26, 2016 at 7:28 am #1123191

massimoS-6

Well, ok....but the problem seems solved...I don't know how since I did nothing in the past 24 hours

October 26, 2016 at 7:35 am #1123195

Bigul
Supporter

Hi ,

Maybe because I have saved your permalinks structure and *Translate Custom Posts slug* for testing. Not sure.

Happy to know the issue is fixed now.

--
With Regards

Bigul

October 26, 2016 at 8:22 am #1123237

massimoS-6

Hi Bigul
I have another request from my customer. He wants to translate the slug Course into German and then change it in English as well. Now i I go to taxonomy translation I find Course in German and the field cannot be changed:
hidden link

can you tell me where to find that slug? It says I can translate it from string translator, but I need also the original to be changed, that's the problem. I don't even know if it's possible because it would mean that the label Course would no longer exist with that name?

October 26, 2016 at 3:46 pm #1123770

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

For you kind information, it is not possible to translate the taxonomy slug like post type slug. There is a limitation coming from WordPress itself and the translation of taxonomy slug is not possible. Please do distinguish taxonomy from taxonomy term. Taxonomy terms can have their slug translated. You can read more about taxonomies here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Taxonomies

--
With Regards

Bigul