Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcosM-11 2 years, 10 months ago.

Author Posts
June 6, 2018 at 3:36 pm #2288823

marcosM-11

Tell us what you are trying to do?
In hidden link (and all the other products) there is a form (Contact form from the theme framework) This form is selected at the option Regency---theme options---shop---single product page---inquiry form

I have translated the contact form, creating an English version. But in the en version the form showed is the Spanish one...

Can you help me please?

Captura de pantalla 2018-06-06 a las 17.33.17.png
Captura de pantalla 2018-06-06 a las 17.31.51.png
June 7, 2018 at 4:45 pm #2397397

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello there,

Please, apologize for the delay in answering. We are a bit loaded lately, but working hard to go back to normal.

While one of my teammates take this issue, let me add some hints to move it forward.

You probably need to "translate" the contact form ID or slug option.

For this, could you go to:
- WPML > String Translation
- Click on the blue link at the bottom of the page: "Translate texts in admin screens »"
- Look for an option similar to "theme_mods_yourtheme", or something like that. Here you should find all strings associated to your theme options. Look for one related to the form option.
- Check the checkbox for your strings of interest.
- Click on the button "Apply"

Now, all your selected strings, should appear in the String Translation panel. Find the ID or slug of the translated form and "translate" the option.

Reference :
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Let me know your results, please.

Kind regards,

Otto

June 12, 2018 at 2:28 pm #2408582

marcosM-11

it words!!
I have other issue, I want to translate the footer to English, but I cannot write the English translation in the String translations menu...¿can you help me pls? Thanks!!

Captura de pantalla 2018-06-12 a las 16.24.56.png
June 12, 2018 at 2:29 pm #2408589

marcosM-11

I found it. thanks